07 2dr soft top leak help

jeep-creep

Guys, have any of you had a leak on both driver's and passenger's side at the same spot?

It's leaking down and dropping right on the plastic locking flap on both doors. I understand tracking down the leak, looking for damaged seals etc.

I'm looking more for this being a common problem, in a weak point etc.

I appreciate any input and help. Thank you all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, check the alignment of things. Being that everything is removable, it's not too hard to have something a bit off.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My factory top didn't leak unless I shot the pressure washer at certain spots. (it never leaked from just the rain) But my trektop leaks a lot more from the pressure washer. Not sure about the rain as we haven't had any the last month that it has been on.

gouacats

Do you have a plastic header or a metal header? On the '07s and '08s, they originally came with a plastic header. There was a TSB out about it.

Rivertoys

I think your best option is to move somewhere that doesn't get rain.
thumb.gif

mine leaks in the same place as yours, i just stuff a rag on each side and it keeps the rain out. it only does it when im parked and the water can pool up, if im driving it doesn't leak at all. but after a night or day of rain without the rags it looks like it rained inside my jeep. the rag fix works well.

Top Bottom