Radio problem.

Tranquillity

Hey guys, had this weird problem with my oem radio on my jk. It simply went off for about 30 min while driving then went on again but now the sounds will stop after 6 to 10 seconds only when the engine is running. When I just turn the power on, the radio is working fine. As soon as I start the engine the sound goes off and I can't control the volume anymore. The turn knob does nothing. If I push it (to turn off the radio) and push it to turn it on again. I get another glorious 10 seconds of sounds and off it goes again.

I have the basic oem radio, wich come with sirius. I didn't noticed any water leak near the unit...

I got my apointment with my dealer next week, I just tought I could ask here if anybody had this kind of trouble. I read that sirius could cause something like that, I unplugged the neg on the battery for about 6 minutes for a "reset". (Seemed to work with some people) but it just did not worked for me.

Tranquillity

Well, what I did was taking the radio inside my house for the night. Took care of the problem, everything is pointing at a water leak problem though I can't confirm. I never brought it to the dealer the problem haven't came back yet.

Top Bottom