Moab vets...can I/should I do it?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, Im planning on visiting Moab early May, and along with enjoying my Jeep adventure, Im going for the photography element of it. Having said that, from what I have seen, the Top Of The World trail has some of the best shooting anyone can do. Now, don't have a heavily built rig, just a 2012 JKU, teraflex performance leveling kit, and 33x12.50x15 Goodyear Duratracs. What I wanted to know from those that have done this trail is if I will have any issues? Keep in mind, not only will I be alone vehicle wise, there is a chance I might be alone PERIOD (my friend isn't sure if he is able to come with me yet.) I tried to find some videos of the trail from start to finish to judge, but can't really find one. I also heard the exit is a lot harder than the climb up. Any suggestions or opinions are highly appreciated!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's an easy trail and you should be fine. It's also a trail that sees a lot of traffic.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet. Hey since you're a Moab vet Eddie, do you recommend I run a few trails in the La Sal mountains and check out some of the lakes? Worth the drive?

Ya know, trails up in the La Sal's are probably the one place I haven't been. Most of the time, there's a lot of snow when we're up there but, I sure would love to check some of them out some day. From what I understand, they are all easy trails though.

JHP81

When I went, TOW trail had snow so I couldn't make it all the way to the top. I had to leave the jeep and hike the last half mile. If the trail is muddy, it could get little tricky IMO. also some section of the trail is pretty rocky and u might need someone to spot you.

Sudz

100_6723.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom