Looking at 35 Duratrac's, need advice

TriJeepV

I'm looking to get some Duratracs and wondering what else I would need to do to fit 315/70/R17. I already have a teraflex leveling kit. Can I add anything else to get clearance using the leveling kit or do I need to go to a real lift. I'm trying to stay on the cheaper side and utilizing the leveling kit would be prime. I know that I can trim the fenders or get new ones but funds are limited. Currently, my rig is a 11' JKU sport with 18/59 springs and stock shocks. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated or if someone has already talked about this topic point me in the right direction. Also, if anyone has pics with this setup that would be great also.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If funds are limited, trimming your flares is your best option. Costs nothing to do and will get you what you need.

Tackerdown

Banned
Oh there may be one or two threads , that is an under statement.lol pretty much you can run a 12.5 " wide tire on a stock jeep with 1.5" wheel spacers and do the fender trim. There is a write up in the jk tech section. I would read threw there to answer some questions you may have.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

flotto

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365097327.398249.jpg

this is duratrac 315 on stock suspension before I lifted it. besides occasionally hitting the fenders the pinch seam scared me how close it was to my tires.

StrizzyChris

Ive thrown this up on like 5 threads asking the same question, but here is mine running 35x12.50r17's with no lift and as mentioned above only 1.5" spider spacers

2013-03-18_16-56-59_727_zps70dde0d8.jpg

TriJeepV

Thanks guys, I think with having the teraflex leveling kit and cutting the fenders and pinch seam will get me by until I move on to a real lift. Also using the spacers.

If I was looking to get another inch of lift and still using the leveling kit what would be some suggestions to achieve that?:beer:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
If your just looking for clearance and not performance you can add a 1" or 1.25" body lift to help clear tires.:twocents::standing wave: Good luck :yup:

TriJeepV

Yeah, it's definitely not for performance. Just clearance. I don't want to get caught in the "I bought 33's and should have bought 35's". I want to get a lift but I want the duratracs and I can't do both at the same time. So the lift will need to wait a little bit (6 months or so). The wife just doesn't understand the addiction.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Yeah, it's definitely not for performance. Just clearance. I don't want to get caught in the "I bought 33's and should have bought 35's". I want to get a lift but I want the duratracs and I can't do both at the same time. So the lift will need to wait a little bit (6 months or so). The wife just doesn't understand the addiction.

I hear YA, in the same boat, keep it right side up and keep saving it will all come together!!:thumb:

Top Bottom