Exhaust

outlaw

I was wondering what everyone's take on exhaust was. I was looking at putting catback exhaust on my 2 door JK. Any thoughts are welcome.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
on a 2door? I didn't think the evolution exhaust worked due to the rear axle being right where the exhaust dumps :thinking:

off dynomax's site. looks like a little trimming is needed for the two door.

Wrangler 2/4 DR 3.8L V6
EVOLUTION COMPETITION SYSTEM - FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY
•Stainless Steel Ultra Flo™ Polished Muffler
•2.5-in. Mandrel bent stainless steel tubing
•Two stainless steel 2.5-in. band clamps
•2 Door use requires 2.5-in. cut of extension pipe
•Limited Lifetime Warranty
•90-Day Performance & Sound Guarantee

StrizzyChris

Wrangler 2/4 DR 3.8L V6

Well here is our problem...I have and installed this on a 2013 JK and the Evolution exhaust for 12+ is part number 39522 which states
Dynomax Performance Exhaust: Stainless Steel Exhaust

Wrangler Unlimited 3.6L V6
EVOLUTION COMPETITION SYSTEM - FOR OFF-ROAD USE ONLY •Stainless Steel Ultra Flo™ Polished Muffler

But you are absolutely correct that the 07-11 exhaust, which is part number 39516, states that it will work on both.

So I guess the question now is...what year JK does the OP have :idontknow:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well here is our problem...I have and installed this on a 2013 JK and the Evolution exhaust for 12+ is part number 39522 which states

But you are absolutely correct that the 07-11 exhaust, which is part number 39516, states that it will work on both.

ahh very true i have an '11 so my eyes tend to wander towards that. i wonder if you could do the same thing tho on the 12+ system? just trim it up to fit like the 7-11's

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was wondering what everyone's take on exhaust was. I was looking at putting catback exhaust on my 2 door JK. Any thoughts are welcome.

What year is your jeep???

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DasBuxxx

I am running on a 4 door, but there is a Dynomax rep on the forum now, I'll pm him and ask him to post up.:thumb:

on a 2door? I didn't think the evolution exhaust worked due to the rear axle being right where the exhaust dumps :thinking:

It WILL work, I was told one thing to start with, then another thing, and back to the original thing. :icon_crazy: EXACTLY!!!
So on a 2 door you will need to make the 2.5" cut. I have seen this system on MANY 2 doors as well.

Wrangler 2/4 DR 3.8L V6

I am running on a 4 door, but there is a Dynomax rep on the forum now, I'll pm him and ask him to post up.:thumb:

Thanks for the PM and heads up!!

Keep asking questions as they arise!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Hope you entered the DynoMax contest on this forum. A great system and the price is way better than any sale on the market today. Good luck!:yup:

StrizzyChris

It WILL work, I was told one thing to start with, then another thing, and back to the original thing. :icon_crazy: EXACTLY!!!

Good to know, thanks for the info! Also I would update your database/website to say that the system works on a 2013. I installed it a month ago on mine, but when I ordered it the guys at the dynomax shop/ordering center couldnt tell me if it would work on a '13. So I just bought it and crossed my fingers, but almost didnt due to uncertainty.

Top Bottom