GF Performance Chip Kit

JK_Jonny305

Hey Jeepers! A friend of mine told me to look into these chips called GF Performance Chips from http://www.gfchips.com/jeepwranglerunlimited.aspx. It's goign for $69 but regularly $399 so I am a bit skeptical. I was wondering if anyone has this or has heard of them and can provide some feedback on the results obtained or a review of whether it's worth it or not. Thanks!

BTW, It's for a 2007 JKU.

JK_Jonny305

If it's regular $399 and going for $69 that should tell you everything you need to know.

Yep, sorry about wasting time on here.... Just got home from work and googled it for 5 minutes and found an overwhelming amount of terrible reviews lol

... Just looking for affordable solutions to gain some power back after adding a lift and larger tires. But this is definitely not my solution lol

Ben-0

Yup these are junk...same stock website for like 6 different chips...don't waste your time or money

TheLloyd

Hey I have a can of Pringles you can use to "chip" your rig! I will sell it to you for $69.99. Guaranteed to bring chip performance your vehicle!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yep, sorry about wasting time on here.... Just got home from work and googled it for 5 minutes and found an overwhelming amount of terrible reviews lol

... Just looking for affordable solutions to gain some power back after adding a lift and larger tires. But this is definitely not my solution lol

Have you re-calibrated your speedo? That will help a lot.

JK_Jonny305

Have you re-calibrated your speedo? That will help a lot.

How should I go about recalibrating the speedometer? I've read about the aev procal module, and there's also the dealer but they won't calibrate for 37" tires because that's not me of their stock options.... Any more suggestions?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Procal. You have 37's with stock gears? 4.10's, 3.73's or 3.21's? Your issue is you are running 37's on stock gears with an un-calibrated speedo. Get the procal and that will help.

JK_Jonny305

3.5" lift, 4.10's... Saving up to re-gear next.

I found a guy on Craigslist locally selling a used procal for $75. My understanding is that once you use it, you have to reprogram the jeep it was first installed on before it can be programmed with another vin. Do you know if theres a way that I can make sure the module they're selling would be able to accept my jeep's vin and I don't end up buying a brick?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
3.5" lift, 4.10's... Saving up to re-gear next.

I found a guy on Craigslist locally selling a used procal for $75. My understanding is that once you use it, you have to reprogram the jeep it was first installed on before it can be programmed with another vin. Do you know if theres a way that I can make sure the module they're selling would be able to accept my jeep's vin and I don't end up buying a brick?

It has to be reset to factory on his JK yes. Just check it with his when you buy it.

Top Bottom