Shock(ing) Advice

I've done a search and looked in the newbie section, but still have a question...

Have a TF leveling kit and 33X11.5X17's going on in a few days. The JKU has 104,000KM on it, and rides great, mostly DD.

Just thinking ahead in the event shocks are needed, mine are original, doing some homework, and advice from the more experienced would be great.

If budget is a issue, can I install Rubi - Take off's? Got a line a 4 almost brand new. It's my understanding the length is the same as the Saraha's (I have tow pkg), but the valving is different. Start stops and body roll in the corners are said to be better, and ride is stiffer...?? I have no experience with this one.
(hoping to hear back on $$ on these soon...)

Is this a waste of time and effort and should I focus on saving for new Bilsten or Rancho products, if so any forum favorites / suggestions?

Jeep will continue to be DD most of the time, lot's of highway travel, and light trails nothing extream, and 33's with the TF leveling kit is about my speed.

Thanks for reading

simonjk

Caught the Bug
From what I understand the rubi shocks are better than sport and sahara. Plus they come as red and look cooler:thumbup:
But to answer the question is yes rubi shocks are a plus on a budget.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

Have a TF leveling kit and 33X11.5X17's going on in a few days. The JKU has 104,000KM on it, and rides great, mostly DD.

Just thinking ahead in the event shocks are needed, mine are original, doing some homework, and advice from the more experienced would be great.

Is this a waste of time and effort and should I focus on saving for new Bilsten or Rancho products, if so any forum favorites / suggestions?

Jeep will continue to be DD most of the time, lot's of highway travel, and light trails nothing extream, and 33's with the TF leveling kit is about my speed.

Based on all of this ^^^ I would save all of your money and not get expensive aftermarket shocks. Keep your eye out on forum for sale sections for take off parts if/when your shocks go bad.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Based on all of this ^^^ I would save all of your money and not get expensive aftermarket shocks. Keep your eye out on forum for sale sections for take off parts if/when your shocks go bad.

Great suggestion that what I just did, rubi coils and shock. Still in the process of installing it all.

Top Bottom