Long arm and King coilover Combo?

kimer82

I am currently running 40" with basic short arm atm but want to upgrade to long arm and king coilover combo.
I have been looking at EVO king bolt on's but do i need to do some mods to gas tank if i were to do coilovers? Have seen some kits that i need to change the gas tank and it didnt really make sense to me.

if so, can anyone recommand me the suspension and coilover combo?
cheers

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I am currently running 40" with basic short arm atm but want to upgrade to long arm and king coilover combo.
I have been looking at EVO king bolt on's but do i need to do some mods to gas tank if i were to do coilovers? Have seen some kits that i need to change the gas tank and it didnt really make sense to me.

cheers

I am running the bolt on EVO King coilovers on my 2010 Rubi JKU. Did not need to mess with the fuel tank. I am going to install their Double D long arms shortly. Right now with my short arms my driveshafts are hitting the skidplates in a bunch of spots because of the axle swipe from all the flex.

silverbackjk

I am running the bolt on EVO King coilovers on my 2010 Rubi JKU. Did not need to mess with the fuel tank. I am going to install their Double D long arms shortly. Right now with my short arms my driveshafts are hitting the skidplates in a bunch of spots because of the axle swipe from all the flex.

How are you liking the bolt on coilovers?

StrizzyChris

cheers

The only thing I have ever read with any JK's, with long arm kits, is the need to drop the gas tank only to install the brackets. You then reinstall the stock tank in its original position.

rcdude3

The only thing I have ever read with any JK's, with long arm kits, is the need to drop the gas tank only to install the brackets. You then reinstall the stock tank in its original position.

Yes. You don't HAVE to, its just a lot safer. That way you don't have any sparks or weld berrys land on top of the gas tank. I dropped mine when I put on my Long Arms a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom