Transmition

kthulhu

I'm curious, I had a JK a few years ago and had to sell it when I got divorced. It had a manual transmition in it but the gears was way too high. Anyway this time I'm not going to cut corners like I did last time with things like gear ratios and such. Since I'm on my own I'll be buying a 2 door Rubicon before winter. My question is, is there really any advantage to an auto transmition over a manual in rocks. I live in Arkansas so its not exactly like it is in Moab or in Cali but we do have more rock than mud. Any ideas?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm curious, I had a JK a few years ago and had to sell it when I got divorced. It had a manual transmition in it but the gears was way too high. Anyway this time I'm not going to cut corners like I did last time with things like gear ratios and such. Since I'm on my own I'll be buying a 2 door Rubicon before winter. My question is, is there really any advantage to an auto transmition over a manual in rocks. I live in Arkansas so its not exactly like it is in Moab or in Cali but we do have more rock than mud. Any ideas?

Depends on the person. Some say auto in the rocks is too easy and others don't like manuals. Its personal preference.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've owned and driven both...only difference is as I've gotten older the automatic has become my favorite :beer:

kthulhu

I've owned and driven both...only difference is as I've gotten older the automatic has become my favorite :beer:
My Dad is the same way, he used to prefer manual in the trucks he used to pull trailers and such but as he has gotten older he also prefers the auto. I am really thinking of going with another manual since I enjoy shifting and considering no more real time that I will be offroad it won't make as big of a difference. I wouldn't figure it would be that difficult in rocks with 4.10 gears in 4low with a manual.

Top Bottom