Any last minute recommendations?

crookone10

I'm on my way today to either buy a 2dr 2013 Rubicon or a 4 door I'm the same price range. Would you compromise with the 4 door or go ahead and get the loaded 2 Dr?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Atch

Are you going to wheel it or is it a pavement princess? Are you a family man? If you build up your jeep will you be getting 60's?

Skid_Kid

I would get the 4 door Rubi. You don't need all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bacon

do you have kids or a dog? yes? buy the 4 door. no? buy the 2 door and ditch the backseat for storage space.

Rebel JK

I would call it a compromise or settling with the 2door. 4 door all the way. You don't want to regret it next time you load up.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I say 4 door as well. I love the 2 doors, but Im definitely happy I went with the 4 door. My only regret (not huge) is I should have got a Rubicon.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would get a 4 door. I have a 2 door and while I love it I would like a 4 door. So the next one will be a 4 door and then this 2 door can go under the knife a little more.

buy a 4dr Rubi! dont get sucked into all the add-ons. no painted flares/top, no nitro filled tires, no 2 tops (just get ONE), etc.... just a base Rubi!!!

andrew -

Last edited:

Skid_Kid

oooops.... 2 tops. no 2 tops!

it is early Marc, me thumbs are still waking up...

andrew -

Ahh! :cheesy: But I do agree, just get a hard top. If you want a soft top, find one on craigstlist for way cheaper then the dual top group. That is what I did. :twocents:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I'm on my way today to either buy a 2dr 2013 Rubicon or a 4 door I'm the same price range. Would you compromise with the 4 door or go ahead and get the loaded 2 Dr?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Go to Costco and buy it through them. You'll save enough to buy a 4 door rubicon

arashi

Go 4 doors!!! You won't regret it! Wheel base, storage, etc.

The only downside I could see is you have to higher lift with 4 doors for the same efficiency on the trail, but on the other side you'll be able to climb higher obstacles. Just look at the MOAB video and you'll understand what I mean.

Anyhow, good luck with your purchase, can't wait to see some pics :thumb:

rtguy1

The 2 door vs 4 door is an ongoing battle but simply comes down to your own needs and preference. Depending on how extensive you are planning on modding it should determine if a rubi or sport is in order. I bought a sport and saved the money, but have built it beyond what a rubicon can offer. If you like power windows etc get the power group. If not a base model will do the trick. Make sure you get air conditioning if you want it. I have seen a few people who bought base models but expected air to be standard. It's not standard on all models and they got duped when they saw the vents in the dash.
If you are terrible at negotiating than piginajeeps post regarding fleet sales at places like Costco can be your friend. I was able to do a little better on my own with little work. It can be painless however going through places like that.
Good luck! :)

Last edited:

cottrellsahara

4 door all the way 2 doors are great but its so small in the back tiny trunk space for gear and getting in and out is one hell of a task if your a big guy 4 doors are easy to get in and out of and in my opinion look way better with bigger tires than two doors because the body looks more proportional to the oversized tires one drawback to 4 door which is very minor is it just takes longer to get your doors off and top down on those awesome days and personally i can live with that

rtguy1

4 door all the way 2 doors are great but its so small in the back tiny trunk space for gear and getting in and out is one hell of a task if your a big guy 4 doors are easy to get in and out of and in my opinion look way better with bigger tires than two doors because the body looks more proportional to the oversized tires one drawback to 4 door which is very minor is it just takes longer to get your doors off and top down on those awesome days and personally i can live with that

Doubt he will be riding in the back, and getting in the front is the same in either model. Once the rear seat is removed from the 2 door there is more space than a 4 door has with seats in. Preference and personal need is the way one decides. I love them both. If I had kids I would rock a 4 door for the space no doubt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom