To be or not to be 37's is the question

JandSJK

Ok so I know this has probably been mentioned on here already I just can't seam to find it. I would like to run the Falken WildPeak ATS 37x12.5R17's. I bought my jeep use and it was outfitted as half a Rubicon :doh:i.e. 44 with factory locker and swaybar disco up front but a D30 axle. I have the auto trans. I am currently running 35's. I have re-geared to 5.13's and have the front axle sleved and the upper and lower C's gusseted along with the front lower link mounts. I am planning on upgrading to the dynatrack prosteer ball joints in about a month. I dont do any really hard core wheeling but i do adventure alot and plan on making trips back to Moab and other areas in the near future. I Dont plan on running a front locker just leaving the diff open. My question is if I upgrade my axle shafts would the Dana 30 hold up to 37's in light to moderate trail use:thinking:Any input you guys have will be helpfull. :fingerscrossed:

JandSJK

I would like to add also i plan on upgrading the axle and ball joints weather i go to 37's or not. I'm not an aggressive driver off road, i do try and tackle tougher obsticles but if its a not go i'm not ashamed to go around. I dont like breaking stuff. Would i be better off adding more under carrage protection.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Even with the axle sleeves and upgraded C's it still has a chance of breaking. Beside with all the money your putting into beefing up the dana 30 its about half of what a 44 cost. Im thinking your best bet would be to just upgrade and sell your 30 to get some of your money back. :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I would like to add also i plan on upgrading the axle and ball joints weather i go to 37's or not. I'm not an aggressive driver off road, i do try and tackle tougher obsticles but if its a not go i'm not ashamed to go around. I dont like breaking stuff. Would i be better off adding more under carrage protection.

Dont forget upgraded steering, the stock box does not handle 37's very well.

My new 2012 struggles with 37's. I can already tell i need to upgrade steering

JandSJK

I was looking at upgrading to the PSC Jeep JK Trail & Street Cylinder Assist Kit. Is there anything else that you might suggest doing to beef up the steering?

RDE2ROK

37s

I have an 07 2dr X. D30 up front NON rubi 44 in the rear. The front is sleeved/gusseted,RCV axles,5:13s, ARB locker and new ball joints. way too much money for a D30. That bein said, on JKs the only difference between a D30 and a D44 is the pumpkin. The tubes,and knuckles are the same. I went to 37s and wheel my jeep hard, I must say i'm very pleased with it.As far as the steering box the 07s and 08s are better than the 09s and up. Thats when Chrystler was struggling and and contracted the boxes to (China) so I've been told. Out of the jeeps I run with 09s and up have rebuilt or replaced theirs i'm still running mine with no problems. As far as running 37s? I'm glad I did! I love them.:rock: p.s. Sorry for the small book.:doh:

JandSJK

Any info in either direction helps. i was sure i would get the pros and cons from people. was just wanting some personal experiences to go off of. I wheeled to crap out of my ZJ V8 with 30/35 axles and powertrax lockers and 33's. Went to Moab and ran a bunch of trails and all over here in Oregon. Never had an issue. just curious what the redesign in the JK could handle

Top Bottom