Quick Disco problem

aaronstephen

I went wheeling yesterday and went to disco my jks quick discos and i couldn't. They were stuck. I just recently installed a jks adjustable trac bar because of my lift... do you think that's why they are so tight? Any suggestions on how i can get them off, so i can readjust them?

Sent from my wayalife app

Atch

I went wheeling yesterday and went to disco my jks quick discos and i couldn't. They were stuck. I just recently installed a jks adjustable trac bar because of my lift... do you think that's why they are so tight? Any suggestions on how i can get them off, so i can readjust them?

Were you on level ground when trying to remove them? Have you ever greased them? They should come off with some taps of a hammer.

aaronstephen

Ill try using a rubber mallet. Yes the ground was level, but even when it hasn't been they still came off with ease. Yes I've recently heard them.

I was wondering if the adjustment of the Trac bar length added extra stress to the links and now i need to adjust there height again?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Most of the problems come from the not being on level ground. When you do get them off check the bushing and make sure they aren't rotted out. That might cause and issue as well.

aaronstephen

Fixed the problem. They were at different lengths. I'm an idiot, i know. Everything is all good now.

Into the next project... trimming the pinch seam. :rolleyes:

jkmohican

They get really tight sometimes, I run them as well. Just make sure you keep them greased and don't accidentally set them at different Lengths, I did that before. Sounds like you figured it out.

aaronstephen

They get really tight sometimes, I run them as well. Just make sure you keep them greased and don't accidentally set them at different Lengths, I did that before. Sounds like you figured it out.

Thanks. I got everything back to where it's working. Finally got some misc. projects done on the Jeep while i was out there.

Now it's time for a beer. :D

Top Bottom