Engine light

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Engine light came on and it's not giving me a code. 2nd time in 30 days. My remote start won't work now either.

rtguy1

Engine light came on and it's not giving me a code. 2nd time in 30 days. My remote start won't work now either.

no personal experience with this but I have read that the remote start does not work when an engine light is on. It seems to be a protective mode or something so you do not unknowingly run the motor when there is an issue. I guess they expect you to see the light on by forcing you to start the rig from the drivers seat

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yea it's just saying done.

Hmmmm? I might disconnect the battery for 10-15 minutes and see if it clears. Or your programmer if you have one. Mine did that once and it went away. And no, your remote start will not work when the CEL is on. Nor when your low fuel light is on.

Otherwise a trip to the dealer might be in order. :banghead:

Edit: Did it clear itself the first time?

biggy

I had the same thing. The check engine light would come on randomly every few weeks and then go away. I could never get a code with the key dance so I borrow a buddies obd scanner and #5cylinder misfire showed up. I pulled the plug out and it looked normal so I reinstalled it. That was about six montgs ago and the check engine light never has come on again. Maybe the plug wasnt seated properly is the only thing I can contribute it to. To start I would check your plugs and wires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I had the same thing. The check engine light would come on randomly every few weeks and then go away. I could never get a code with the key dance so I borrow a buddies obd scanner and #5cylinder misfire showed up. I pulled the plug out and it looked normal so I reinstalled it. That was about six montgs ago and the check engine light never has come on again. Maybe the plug wasnt seated properly is the only thing I can contribute it to. To start I would check your plugs and wires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

They are going to replace my heads. Its very common with the 2012. Thought i was safe from this because of my build date....no such luck.

Top Bottom