Give me some advice to regear.

tkkim

I finally got some money to regear.

I'm thinking to get EVO regear special.

Also I'm thinking to get one of stock dana 30 reinforcement parts from EVO which is c2 or magnum sleeve.

So which one i can get more reinforce to my dana30?

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
C gussets for sure. Without knowing what tires you plan on running I cant really say what gears to go with.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
If your jeep is 2007-20011 i would go 4.88 if its a 2012-2013 i would stay stock or go 4.10.

Skirmish

Yes. I would look in to Lube Lockers instead of RTV to seal them on. It's a lot less messy and worth the money in my mind.

rinkishjk

Imo I think the lube lockers are a waste of money. Rtv is cheap. Also the arb cover can be added. I've had one for approx 4 years. Mine are black now. Painted em with rattle can.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Someone correct me if Im wrong, but from what I have read, once you go too high gear wise, you start losing strength.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The ring and pinion get smaller yes. But on a D30 you are fine with 4.88's. 5.13's is pushing it but on a rubi D44 5.13's are fine.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The ring and pinion get smaller yes. But on a D30 you are fine with 4.88's. 5.13's is pushing it but on a rubi D44 5.13's are fine.

So a D30 would be ok with 4.56s and 35" tires? Im looking to upgrade to 35" tires down the road when my 33s wear out, and would like to plan ahead for the gears.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have 35s and am doing 4.88 on my 2010. According to the spec sheet from 4ws.com that us the size to go with fit 35s. Also their kits are hard to beat on the price from my research... Buy i am having issues with the gear sets.. But that's isn't their fault. And they are taking care of me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

If i just want ARB differential cover not air locker, can i just add the cover?

Yes you can add the ARB or any other cover. You dont need a locker to add them, they are just that brands HD cover

Yes. I would look in to Lube Lockers instead of RTV to seal them on. It's a lot less messy and worth the money in my mind.

I actually know the guy who owns the company and he is a great guy and its a 100% made in the USA company. Its mess free and easy to install. That being said, its a bit expensive and I would just use sealant. Its cheap and a single tube can be used quite a few times.

So a D30 would be ok with 4.56s and 35" tires? Im looking to upgrade to 35" tires down the road when my 33s wear out, and would like to plan ahead for the gears.

since you and the OP both have a 2012 JK then yes 4.56's would be great for your uses if you never plan on going over 35's. in a 2012 4.88 and 35's would give you great torque, but you would lose a little bit of highway MPG with the higher RPM's. I have a ton more power in my current factory 4.10's in my 2013 JKU with 35's than 3.73's in my 2007 JKU with stock tires.

dahoover5866

I have 5.13s on my non rubi and if ur gonna do it yourself I'd say that's the way to go cuz 5.13's are for 37's if u run a 35's now one day you'll want 37's and this way u won't have to regear again, if u want bigger than 37's gears will be one of ur last worries

Top Bottom