Help!

JeepFreakTJ

Hey guys, I had a question! I have a 1998 Jeep TJ 4cyl. I'm gonna do a lift and tires but if I do 33's do I need to gear it? If I do have to gear it, I just want to do 35s. Which I know I would have to gear.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365555578.954498.jpg
Thanks guys! Also, if you know anyone that's willing to help me out with parts I'm all for it. Ill rock stickers and make sure to promote them!

BEE'S TWIN

Hey guys, I had a question! I have a 1998 Jeep TJ 4cyl. I'm gonna do a lift and tires but if I do 33's do I need to gear it? If I do have to gear it, I just want to do 35s. Which I know I would have to gear.
View attachment 23789
Thanks guys! Also, if you know anyone that's willing to help me out with parts I'm all for it. Ill rock stickers and make sure to promote them!

You bought one... Awesome man.. Did you find it in pleasant grove? Do 35 and 4.56. What lift you planning

billybob990

Mines a 4cyl and I have 35's, but im pretty sure I have 4:10 gears. I used one of those charts so I may have 3:73 but its ok, if I hit a hill I'm in the slow lane and 5th is useless

billybob990

Also lift wise, Eddie gave me some pointers and said to start out with a 1" body lift and 2" budget boost and work from there

BEE'S TWIN

I'm thinking Teraflex or Rock Krawler.

I would do what billy bob said... Bit depends on your budget also.. Teraflex is pricey.. 3500 for there LCG and rock krawler is freaking awesome. I am in the process of changing to long arm annoys a toss up between RK and Clayton.. Clayton has the 4 link rear and choice for 3 link front. Claytons arms are square so depend on if you lime that to. RK is beefy.

JKbrick

My first Jeep was a 2000 with the 4cyl/5 speed. I could be wrong but I believe all 4 cyl came with 4:10 gears. I found my frame rusted out in the middle of installing a lift so I seized the opportunity and sold it, but definitely enjoyed it while I had it. Hope you like yours

JeepFreakTJ

My first Jeep was a 2000 with the 4cyl/5 speed. I could be wrong but I believe all 4 cyl came with 4:10 gears. I found my frame rusted out in the middle of installing a lift so I seized the opportunity and sold it, but definitely enjoyed it while I had it. Hope you like yours

Thanks. My TJ is actually really clean! It needs a new steering stabilizer but that's easy. Other than that it's really clean! I'm excited to start getting parts on it probably after summer.

Top Bottom