MetalCloak Products

StrizzyChris

Anybody have metal cloak stuff? How do you like it?

I dont know of anyone on this site that uses Metal Cloak suspension, but I have seen their fender flares first hand, and they are nice but expensive. Their game changer suspension system is interesting, but not enough people running it to get much feedback from. I will say that I have not once heard anyone complaining about the kit, and a lot of good. Their control arm joints are interesting. Im curious how well they hold up to a lot of off road use.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I have heard a couple people on here say that the Game Changer actually isnt that good. There werent much for specifics so I cant help you out. Let me see if I can find the posts.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

StrizzyChris

I have heard a couple people on here say that the Game Changer actually isnt that good. There werent much for specifics so I cant help you out. Let me see if I can find the posts.

I have heard people having doubt in it, but no one with first hand experience actually explain why it isnt a good system. There's a guy from oceanside running the kit and raves about it. He even sold his currie control arms for the Metal Cloak arms and states he is happy he did. We all know JJ's are amazing and no one in their right mind will be able to successfully debate them being an inferior product. BUT either this guy(and a few others that I havent spoke to other than reading their posts) is happy and has had a good experience OR he is saying its good to justify his purchase :idontknow:

Not much info out there, and I too would like to hear from some people on here with more first hand experience thats been running this for a while.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I agree Chris, you said what I wanted, but with better explanation. I cannot find the posts either.

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Hmm. I just checked out their site and watched their video. The price is kinda steep, but hell, it looks like a really nice kit. I loved the high speed quickie at the end of the video. Personally, I would run it if I had the money for it. Got some pretty mad flex too, kind of insane out of a 3.5" lift.

StrizzyChris

Hmm. I just checked out their site and watched their video. The price is kinda steep, but hell, it looks like a really nice kit. I loved the high speed quickie at the end of the video. Personally, I would run it if I had the money for it. Got some pretty mad flex too, kind of insane out of a 3.5" lift.

Yeah the info, submitted by them, is pretty impressive. My only concern is how a rubber/poly/whatever bushing could hold up to prolonged flex and stress on that joint. Its rebuildable which is great, but at 30 per joint(total of 16 on the jeep) to rebuild it isnt cheap. If they last a long time thats one thing, but if they are needing replaced every other year or worse yearly, then that gets EXPENSIVE! Johnny Joints usually only need the poly bushing replaced($10/joint).

Philip *AZ*

Banned
True, I will look around and see if I can get any better research on their kit.

TacPen

Banned
Do a search, there was a thread a while back about it. Long story short nobody here runs it but they already knew what it was all about.

I'm looking at the Game Changer Lite for my Jeep and talked to the Metal Cloak guys. They definitely seem to believe that they have a great kit and have some good reasons why they believe it to be the case but I haven't driven one yet so I can say conclusively either way.

Hell, do what I did and give them a call and talk to them if you want first hand info about the kit. Most of these companies seem really glad to talk to customers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Their game changer suspension system is interesting, but not enough people running it to get much feedback from. I will say that I have not once heard anyone complaining about the kit...

Ummm, maybe that's because there aren't enough people running their stuff.

...and a lot of good.

Well of course you have. People who spend that kind of money on a kit would never talk smack about what they just bought as that would put their manhood into question.

Philip *AZ* said:

StrizzyChris said:
I have heard people having doubt in it, but no one with first hand experience actually explain why it isnt a good system. There's a guy from oceanside running the kit and raves about it. He even sold his currie control arms for the Metal Cloak arms and states he is happy he did. We all know JJ's are amazing and no one in their right mind will be able to successfully debate them being an inferior product. BUT either this guy(and a few others that I havent spoke to other than reading their posts) is happy and has had a good experience OR he is saying its good to justify his purchase

I don't know if I've ever heard anyone say they weren't "good" but, for the price and for what you get, I just don't know if it's worth it. Control arms are probably fine but I would have to say that the jury is out on their joints. Time will tell if they really are up to snuff but, I wouldn't be trading in my Johnny Joints for them until there have been a lot more testing of them. Dual rate coils are dual rate coils and from experience, I am no fan of them. Last but not least, their shock system is essentially two shocks strapped together and is gimmicky at best and for the price, not something I would entertain when I could just as easily get much better coil overs. But hey, that's just me.

Not much info out there, and I too would like to hear from some people on here with more first hand experience thats been running this for a while.

:cheesy: For a guy who has no personal experience with their stuff, you sure do have a lot to say about the things you've "heard". ;)

You're right, the price is steep and for what get, I would recommend that you look at a good coil over kit instead. I think I know of a video or two that will show you how well they work too. :D

Yeah the info, submitted by them, is pretty impressive. My only concern is how a rubber/poly/whatever bushing could hold up to prolonged flex and stress on that joint. Its rebuildable which is great, but at 30 per joint(total of 16 on the jeep) to rebuild it isnt cheap. If they last a long time thats one thing, but if they are needing replaced every other year or worse yearly, then that gets EXPENSIVE! Johnny Joints usually only need the poly bushing replaced($10/joint).

I'm with you on this. Johnny Joints are tough, proven and not that bad to rebuild.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking at the Game Changer Lite for my Jeep and talked to the Metal Cloak guys. They definitely seem to believe that they have a great kit and have some good reasons why they believe it to be the case but I haven't driven one yet so I can say conclusively either way.

Hell, do what I did and give them a call and talk to them if you want first hand info about the kit. Most of these companies seem really glad to talk to customers.

:cheesy: don't get me wrong but, what company doesn't? A call is like a free opportunity to sell you on how awesome their stuff is and convince you to buy it. Just sayin

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
"Well of course you have. People who spend that kind of money on a kit would never talk smack about what they just bought as that would put their manhood into question."

:cheesy:, but true. Been there, done that many times especially during my Harley daze!:yup:

TacPen

Banned
don't get me wrong but, what company doesn't? A call is like a free opportunity to sell you on how awesome their stuff is and convince you to buy it. Just sayin

You'd be surprised brother, you'd be surprised. I routinely call for info and quotes to companies and vendors (not just for Jeeping mind you) and am amazed at how many companies act as if I'm inconveniencing them by taking up their time asking questions.

You are right though, every call is an opportunity and should be taken as such. It's what separates companies that are actually part of the community from those that aren't.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'd be surprised brother, you'd be surprised. I routinely call for info and quotes to companies and vendors (not just for Jeeping mind you) and am amazed at how many companies act as if I'm inconveniencing them by taking up their time asking questions.

You are right though, every call is an opportunity and should be taken as such. It's what separates companies that are actually part of the community from those that aren't.

Oh, I'm not surprised in the least and have seen it myself. Unfortunately, the only thing it really shows is that some companies are much better at marketing than others - NOT that they necessarily make a better product. But, I understand where you're coming from and really, if a company that makes a better product cannot effectively market themselves, the loss is theirs.

rtguy1

For $4,000 it better install itself and give me free tires. Otherwise I am going EVO bolt ons.

Hard to compare the kits as they are so different. The metal cloak deal has a ton of parts in it. All 8 arms, trackbar s, blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, just saying there is a ton of stuff there whether its needed or not. When you compare this to other mfg coil and shock kits with the same parts included it is only a few hundred more. A rockkrawler 3.5" max travel with resi shocks is about $3600. Tf about the same. I think an enforcer kit with the best shocks and all 8 arms would be cheaper and the better setup. With this being said I would still buy the coilovers...lol. Not a chance in hell I would buy this gamechanger kit. For $300 more you could have the evo double d long arm kit with kings....that's a gamechanger

StrizzyChris

:cheesy: For a guy who has no personal experience with their stuff, you sure do have a lot to say about the things you've "heard". ;)

not sure how to take this :thinking:

I have never seen this kit and never used it, but have met a great guy who loves it(as stated before) and read a few online reviews. I also know a guy who loves their EVO DTD kit and, while I have never ridden in it, I have "heard" it is great. All I was saying is there are only positive reviews out there, but there are not many reviews. The fact that this system has been around for over a year and it still isn't a "hit", or by many at all, may speak more as a review that the buyers/users reviews, or it could be bad marketing by the company. To be honest I dont know. I just try to relay info that I have "heard", seen, or know as openly and honestly as I can. If it is not first hand knowledge or personal experience, I clearly state it as such and ask for others to chime in with their personal accounts to either support or counter my findings.

****DISCLAIMER**** I am in no way shape or form affiliated with this company nor do I have any interest in promoting or degrading them. I have no future plans to run any of their products on my Jeep. Ill be rolling EVO LA's based on what I have "heard" to match my already purchased EVO F/R Bolt-On Coilovers(when I have a few more :twocents: in my pocket).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
not sure how to take this :thinking:

As you may have missed it, I included a ;) emoticon to help indicate that I was just giving you a hard time. You have to admit that you do tend to talk a lot about things you've "heard" on the internet rather than share what you've experienced.

Don't take it personally, MetalCloak is obviously not a "preferred vendor" on this forum.

The only thing that is obvious here is that WAYALIFE is not what you would consider to be a, "preferred forum". Having said that, why not spend more of your time on one that tends to agree with you.

Top Bottom