Half doors....who's got 'em?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm trying to decide between the Rugged Ridge and the Strike Force Zebra half doors.

I know FoxC has the RR doors and Hinrich (sp?) has the SFZ ones. Anyone else have some and want to chime in on what you like/don't like about them?

FoxC doesn't know it, but I plan to steal his when I'm in Vegas next. However, if that plan doesn't work out I'd like to buy some for the summer.

rtguy1

I checked out the strike force doors at the off road expo. Just don't seem worth the price. They are just a piece of molded plastic.:idontknow: $1249 :nuts:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
MTG said:
I'm trying to decide between the Rugged Ridge and the Strike Force Zebra half doors.

I know FoxC has the RR doors and Hinrich (sp?) has the SFZ ones. Anyone else have some and want to chime in on what you like/don't like about them?

FoxC doesn't know it, but I plan to steal his when I'm in Vegas next. However, if that plan doesn't work out I'd like to buy some for the summer.

Any reason why you're wanting half doors? Why not tube doors instead? Of course, I prefer to just go doorless :yup:

rtguy1 said:
I checked out the strike force doors at the off road expo. Just don't seem worth the price. They are just a piece of molded plastic.

I'm with rtguy1 on this.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any reason why you're wanting half doors? Why not tube doors instead? Of course, I prefer to just go doorless :yup:

I'm with rtguy1 on this.

I agree with both. I like no doors but he saw another white jeep with half doors so he wants them. :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I went with the halfs to see if I liked them which I do, the visability while having them on is very nice. I went with the sfz due to weight so I can take them off at the trail and throw them in the back. I will agree they are expensive for being plastic, but I have seen some pictures and they can handle damage very well and not dent or anything and keep their shape. I ultimately want oem halfs for spring/summer/fall so I can have a better window option and less weight than constantly removing and installing full doors. Going full power was a bad idea.

rtguy1

I picked up some tube doors new for $250 off the forum. Of course it's only the fronts, but it was cheap. They are the body armor doors. Hoping I don't have any fitment issues....lol. The pins look like they are welded properly though, but I'll know when I attempt to install em. I've seen a few that were messed up, and the pins were markedly off.

MTG

Caught the Bug

1) I like the way they look over no doors.
2) I want a little more protection (wind, debris, etc) for the kiddos in the back.

I agree they are pricey. If I could fab something up inexpensively, I'd just go tube doors and put a panel over it like EVO 1. But alas...I don't. :sigh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
1) I like the way they look over no doors.
2) I want a little more protection (wind, debris, etc) for the kiddos in the back.

I agree they are pricey. If I could fab something up inexpensively, I'd just go tube doors and put a panel over it like EVO 1. But alas...I don't. :sigh:

Have you ever considered something like the Bestop tube doors with the metal skins? They're a really nice setup, will give the "look" you're looking for and will cost a lot less.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Is your lift finished yet? Maybe you should go work on that instead. :idontknow:

:cheesy:

Okay Sharkey. :cheesy:

I have to come up with something to say back to you. To Sharkey I can just ask him if he bought a jeep yet. Give me a little bit and I will come up with a comeback.:cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Have you ever considered something like the Bestop tube doors with the metal skins? They're a really nice setup, will give the "look" you're looking for and will cost a lot less.

Nope. That's why I posted this up. :D

MTG

Caught the Bug
Okay Sharkey. :cheesy:

I have to come up with something to say back to you. To Sharkey I can just ask him if he bought a jeep yet. Give me a little bit and I will come up with a comeback.:cheesy:

Try not to think too hard. Oh and...tylenol for any headaches, midol for any cramps. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They make these for a 4-door too but, here's what they look like...

main.php

main.php

billybob990

I have factory style half doors there nice in warm weather which I'm sure that's all there you gonna use them for, but I like them because my mirrors are on the lower half so I don't have to make or buy hinge mirrors

Top Bottom