40s on a PR44

desertrunner

how would the PR44 up front hold up with 40s? im thinking the housing would be fine but im guessing the size of the R&P as well as the size of the axle shafts would be a place to worry?

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I am always debating the D30/44 axle stuff. But in this case to run 40's I would definitely run a 60. 40's are sure to put a strain on the D44. PR or not..

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

rtguy1

Lol....easy to spend 15k of someone else's dough and recommend 60's. Slap on the 40's and go for it. It can be done. Plenty do it. Is it optimal? No. Can you do it! Yes.

Lol....easy to spend 15k of someone else's dough and recommend 60's. Slap on the 40's and go for it. It can be done. Plenty do it. Is it optimal? No. Can you do it! Yes.

well he asked :rolleyes: in fact, i was trying to save him money by suggesting he stay with 37s.

you can run 40s on 44s sure it is possible. :confused:

andrew -

desertrunner

oh trust me if i had the 15G i would be fitting up some 60s in a heartbeat :rock:
is the biggest difference between the 44 and 60 the size of the ring gear and shafts? i already know about the housing size differences and correct me if i am wrong but the PR44 housing is the same size as the rock jock 60 housing right? thats kinda why i was curious if running the PR 44 front would be similar to the rock jock 60 front

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Arrgghhh!! Lol!! Now I dont know if I want to build the D30.. You guys suck!! Lmao!! The rear is a true Dana 44. The front is basically a D30/D44 hybrid. Welp, scrap that plan..lol.. Looks like I will be saving for a PR44.. Wait! I just lost the Dana 30 Dana 44 debate to myself..lol.. I suck! Oh, well. I want to believe in the Dana 30 that could, but I just cant do it anymore..

If you can't walk my beat unarmed, maybe you should consider becoming a police officer.

desertrunner

Arrgghhh!! Lol!! Now I dont know if I want to build the D30.. You guys suck!! Lmao!! The rear is a true Dana 44. The front is basically a D30/D44 hybrid. Welp, scrap that plan..lol.. Looks like I will be saving for a PR44.. Wait! I just lost the Dana 30 Dana 44 debate to myself..lol.. I suck! Oh, well. I want to believe in the Dana 30 that could, but I just cant do it anymore..

how did that have anything to do with the question i asked? :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
how would the PR44 up front hold up with 40s? im thinking the housing would be fine but im guessing the size of the R&P as well as the size of the axle shafts would be a place to worry?

I think you've about summed it up. It can be done and you might be fine with it but, I think you'd be better served with a 60.

ghostjk

I would save up for the d60s. As its already been stated you CAN do it but should you. I would rather be able to wheel confidently then to have to baby my rig and worry about breaking stuff. I would look into the rock jock 60's.

If you can't cut it as a cop, then be a jailer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would save up for the d60s. As its already been stated you CAN do it but should you. I would rather be able to wheel confidently then to have to baby my rig and worry about breaking stuff. I would look into the rock jock 60's.

If you can't cut it as a cop, then be a jailer.

Currie makes great axles for hotrods but I have to say that I've been less than impressed with their Rock Jock 60. Randy on the JKX runs them on his rig and has had nothing but break after break. The first time he got it fixed under warrantee but, the 2nd and 3rd one, they just told him that he was wheeling too hard. This is NOT something you would see or hear with Dynatrac.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Currie makes great axles for hotrods but I have to say that I've been less than impressed with their Rock Jock 60. Randy on the JKX runs them on his rig and has had nothing but break after break. The first time he got it fixed under warrantee but, the 2nd and 3rd one, they just told him that he was wheeling too hard. This is NOT something you would see or hear with Dynatrac.

I love that part of the story every time I hear it. :cheesy::cheesy:

desertrunner

:cheesy: haha wheeling too hard for 60s now thats quite a statement sounds like Dynatrac is the way to go. my uncle is also running a teraflex CDR60 and has nothing but good things to say about it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: haha wheeling too hard for 60s now thats quite a statement sounds like Dynatrac is the way to go. my uncle is also running a teraflex CDR60 and has nothing but good things to say about it.

In all fairness, the Rock Jock and CDR60 are both semi-float axles. If you want to play hard, you really need a full float rear end and nobody makes a better one than Dynatrac.

desertrunner

In all fairness, the Rock Jock and CDR60 are both semi-float axles. If you want to play hard, you really need a full float rear end and nobody makes a better one than Dynatrac.

yeah i am just gonna stick with what i have for now carry some spare parts with me on trail and start saving up for a PR60s and 40s so i can start playing hard here in CO :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yeah i am just gonna stick with what i have for now carry some spare parts with me on trail and start saving up for a PR60s and 40s so i can start playing hard here in CO :rock:

That's what I would do. You guys have some fun trails and a full float PR60 is what I would recommend you have.

Top Bottom