Teraflex Rock Rails

flotto

anyone running them? love them hate them? I'm in the process of selling my factory tires and want to get rock rails with the cash. any opinions are welcome.

Atch

anyone running them? love them hate them? I'm in the process of selling my factory tires and want to get rock rails with the cash. any opinions are welcome.

How do they mount? I'd strongly suggest getting frame mounted sliders!

TexasJC

I'm about to buy mine as well, and the more I look and research, the more I go with frame mount. I think if its just cosmetic, go with whatever you like, but for function IMO

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The aluminum ones that get mount to the body? LOL!! I wouldn't waste your money on them. I helped a good friend install a set on his 4-door and after one hard trip, they got all mangled up. Asked TeraFlex about it and their response was that he either didn't know how to drive or was wheeling too hard. :rolleyes2:

DasBuxxx

The aluminum ones that get mount to the body? LOL!! I wouldn't waste your money on them. I helped a good friend install a set on his 4-door and after one hard trip, they got all mangled up. Asked TeraFlex about it and their response was that he either didn't know how to drive or was wheeling too hard. :rolleyes2:

they are not meant for mall speed bumps of that size:doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmmm, this seems to be a trend? :cheesy:

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words and, in spite of what the fanboys will try and suggest, I simply cannot make this stuff up. One hit of a rock and see how much it deformed the rocker guards...

DSC09601.jpg

DSC09600.jpg

This was a light hit but still, you can see how it deformed the rocker guard...

DSC09597.jpg

I should note, these were NOT hard hits. I can't imagine what these rocker guards would have looked like if they were.

bl17z90

I would imagine that any slider that bolts to the body mounts couldn't be too strong. :thinking:

After extensive research I found LoD sliders were my best option. Mounts to the frame with only minor frame drilling. I will say there is a 3 week lead time from when you order to when they ship. I am still waiting for them to arrive at the house and once I get here and installed I will post pictures. I was looking at Poison Spyder and EVO and settled on LoD.

flotto

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words and, in spite of what the fanboys will try and suggest, I simply cannot make this stuff up. One hit of a rock and see how much it deformed the rocker guards...

View attachment 24052

View attachment 24053

This was a light hit but still, you can see how it deformed the rocker guard...

View attachment 24054

I should note, these were NOT hard hits. I can't imagine what these rocker guards would have looked like if they were.

and this is why I posted the question. thanks for the info. I was also consider PSC and LOD. I like EVO but the welding part is not something I can do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

TrailBear

I ordered LOD because they are strong as hell and I can do the install, it was them or evo's

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

rinkishjk

U can always weld on the lod ones also. Mine I bolted on, and I've hit them hard quite a few times and besides scratches which are an easy touch up, they haven't caused any body damage. I have had my jk on a lift with the lift arms on the sliders also. The evo ones hug the body more and really don't have a step like the lod ones.

Prime8

I've run both and can tell you that both are great rocker guards. I prefer the EVO sliders because they are weld on.

I've only had the LoD, at Eddies recommendation, because I wanted a step and didn't want to weld. The EVO ones are now available at a shallower angle so they are more step-like too. The good option about the LoD is that I was able to transfer them to the new rig. Weld on stays with the vehicle. But, as for strength, the mounting plates on the LoD are large enough to weld after bolting, which I'd imagine are even tougher than just weld on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you can always have the LoD's welded on and yes, if you need a step, they are the best option out there.

rinkishjk

One thing I did is spray mine with bedliner to give texture because the power coat is slippery if it's wet, and I busted my ass one day. :what:

Top Bottom