DIY Doorless Side Mirrors?

Tabers

Hey guys! I'm more of a DIY kinda guy and am looking for some good ideas for a clean DIY side mirrors set up for my JK unlimited :thinking:... So i ask have any of you all come up with soemthing? If so please share and thanks in advance. :thankyou:

Tabers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Harley mirror work out the best but, I've done this with trailer extension mirror that I picked up at Pepboys.

DSC07126.jpg

http://www.4x4xplor.com/doorless-mirror.html

Works the same for the JK

Rivertoys

I purchased a nice, used relocation bracket on EBAY, but only used it only once and I only ever used the drivers side (all that's required in Ca). BUT, I can no longer remove my stock mirror from the stock mount.... it's stuck!

SO... I went to the local motorcycle shop (Cycle Parts West), and bought a very cheap, small round mirror for around $10. I use a hose clamp and washer on top to set the height, and the threaded shaft drops right into the top door hinge hole. Flat washer on bottom, and the nut holds it. Yeah, it's kinda cheese-ball....but it is legal and works. Plus it fits in the "trunk" hole when not in use.

Skirmish

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365707004.907621.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365707032.907542.jpg

Thread the end of a bar, torch a few bends, weld on a tab and a nut, bolt on a mirror.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365706964.804670.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365706964.804670.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 123

Tabers

Nice ideas guys! .... I have a trail ride this weekend and will be looking to make something tonight or tomorrow... so i can make the 2 hour drive there and back with out concern of Middle Tn's Finest... ill post up what i come up with ... leaning more towards a combo of the two...

Skirmish

I used the same Pep Boys mirror but actually hate it because it is a "trailer" mirror that really distorts distance. It is a wide angle so I have to look back at my center mirror to judge how far back some one is. I haven't gotten around to searching the net for a similar size flat mirror but they must be out there. All of the auto parts stores only have larger sizes.

The other change I haven't gotten around to is moving the mirror higher. I am planning on either buying clamps from Rock Hard to go on my cage or mounting something in the holes in the side roll bar where the door surrounds are screwed in. I think I can get a better position up higher.

Here are the Rock Hard fabricator collars for $36. They are pricey but dead sexy.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1365718800.926809.jpg

http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-1200.htm

Top Bottom