Train Horn

RodCyn

I'm looking at a Klein 220 train horn with a ARB compressor, will that set up work?

In reviewing information on the Klein 220, it appears your ARB compressor will work, but looks like you'll need to add an air tank to your setup (of course with hardware-solenoids and such).

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You defiantly need a tank for air horns. You can get away with basically any compressor but you need a tank. The smaller the compressor the longer it takes to fill the tank and the shorter blast your will have.

Showroom

Go with real train horns. Nathan or Leslie. I've had a couple now and nothing else compares. A buddy of mine buys, sells and restores. Planning to install a 3 chime soon. 3/4 air line and solenoid with 5 gal tank

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Go with real train horns. Nathan or Leslie. I've had a couple now and nothing else compares. A buddy of mine buys, sells and restores. Planning to install a 3 chime soon. 3/4 air line and solenoid with 5 gal tank

The problem is getting them and cost. The horn blasters kits are complete and easy to install and are louder then anything one would ever need.

jeeplover

Banned
The problem is getting them and cost. The horn blasters kits are complete and easy to install and are louder then anything one would ever need.

Hornblasters huh? Im definitely going to check that out. I just used the horn the other day on my 12' rubi and was like wtf? I figured the Rubicon model would have a manly horn not a horn off of fiat or prius lol :D

Devallee

My buddy has the hornblasters "better" train horn kit. I think it's the shocker kit. Thing is unreal and very affordable for such an incredible kit. I'm looking into getting one soon to go with my PA system to finish off my "disturbing the peace" package :cheesy:

DirtyJeeP

If you want real train horns such as Leslie or Nathan. Check out realtrainhorns.net. They sell 3,5 and 6 horn kits. I had the 5 horn on my truck and you could hear it 1/2 mile away at minimum. It hurts your ears. They aren't cheap. Mine was about $1500.

jeeeep

Hooked
need to check these out..needed my horn today and by the time I figured out how much I really needed to push on the damn thing the receiving driver was gone.... anyone else's horn really hard to make sound?

I pushed normal but nothing... then I really had to push and make sure I was pushing hard and center

Top Bottom