Question

dahoover5866

K I have a random occasional check engine light according to a code reader it's a large evap system leak I think it's my exhaust flange messing with o2 sensors which may effect the evap system, my friend says that aint it an it is completely unrelated so should I get some new headers? By the way the light comes and goes....help please?

dahoover5866

Never thought of that actually :thumbs: the only reason I care is my ripp will be here soon and I don't want lights prior so if there are some I know to address them

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Could be something as simple as a gas cap or, it could be a bad gasket on the EVAP. If it's not either of them, doing a leak down test is what you would need to do and if you're not under warranty, it's not cheap to do. Fortunately, having that light on for that reason is no big deal other than the fact that you have to look at it.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Could be something as simple as a gas cap or, it could be a bad gasket on the EVAP. If it's not either of them, doing a leak down test is what you would need to do and if you're not under warranty, it's not cheap to do. Fortunately, having that light on for that reason is no big deal other than the fact that you have to look at it.

This is actually a very valid point. My moms car kept doing this weird sputter and then it would go into limp mode. The seal around the cap was bad. A new gas cap and viola no more issue. Kinda stupid that could happen really..lol

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

Top Bottom