Vid of lights ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I want one of the 50" bars but don't do nearly enough night wheeling to justify the cost. I would rather have an ARB fridge for overlanding. :cheesy:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
That light bar is definitely bright! Very nice.

I just have some rigid spots up high and I use them on the country roads at night. You can see an animal's eye about 100 yards out.:yup:

Philip *AZ*

Banned
That 50' is insane. I could not believe that! Maybe in the future, cant justify it right now. Im planning on a couple spots and a Rigid on the bumper.

Lock Down or Get Locked Up

StrizzyChris

I too have been wanting one of these since I saw it in person two years ago at KOH. I just cant justify $1200-$1500 for lights and brackets. Ill probably do a 10"-20" bar on the front bumper to shave cost.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I too have been wanting one of these since I saw it in person two years ago at KOH. I just cant justify $1200-$1500 for lights and brackets. Ill probably do a 10"-20" bar on the front bumper to shave cost.

There are many other 50" bars on the market that have excellent light output for far less money. LED bars are like plasma tvs. The first ones were expensive as hell, now they are a dime a dozen. Sure there is some crap out there, but there are also excellent bars made by reputable companies that produce a quality product. Im having my brackets powdercoated now, but will be installing my 50" shortly for my moab trip. I had it built to my specs (100% spot, not a combo beam) and when I was testing it, a cop car pulled up to my house to make sure everything was ok. He saw the beam of light in the sky....from 4 miles away. I own rigid lights as well, and the quality, so far as I can tell, is identical.

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

There are many other 50" bars on the market that have excellent light output for far less money. LED bars are like plasma tvs. The first ones were expensive as hell, now they are a dime a dozen. Sure there is some crap out there, but there are also excellent bars made by reputable companies that produce a quality product. Im having my brackets powdercoated now, but will be installing my 50" shortly for my moab trip. I had it built to my specs (100% spot, not a combo beam) and when I was testing it, a cop car pulled up to my house to make sure everything was ok. He saw the beam of light in the sky....from 4 miles away. I own rigid lights as well, and the quality, so far as I can tell, is identical.

what company did you go with and how much did it run you?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
what company did you go with and how much did it run you?

Aurora. A 50", a 10" and eight D2 style lights came out of just under $1600 if you include shipping and customs. I got 8 small lights because to qualify for a factory order, you need to buy 10 or more. Dunno what Im gonna do with 8 of them :D

1yellowjk

There's a guy in our club that runs a 50" and two 12" LED's on his buggy, you NEVER want to be in front of him at night.

Top Bottom