Hawaii Strikes Again!

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
:mad: So getting ready to leave the island and I find out that I cannot ship my jk off the island because I didnt get a state permit to modify my vehicle (recon permit). I cant get a permit because the state requires that my steering geometry be the same as stock. (Option 1, spend $2600 on getting parts for this vehicle permit.) (Option 2, Trade it in on a 2012 rubi and take the chance that they still will not ship it because of it being a newly financed vehicle.) This state is so damn ass backwards. The only rubi on the island for the next 6 months will be a 2012 unlimited MW3. Oh and if its not on micky thompson tires and procomp lift, plan on getting a ticket.:mad:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You could try a set of the AEV drop brackets. While I'm not s fan of them for moderate Offroad use, they should go the job of returning your caster back to the factory spec, and be much cheaper than a set of adjustable control arms.

BONDSY

When you say "steering geometry" what exactly are they asking you to adjust? I assume it's the draglink/track bar? What exactly have you done to your Jeep thus far?

Berzerker

They are saying the the alignment of the jeep has to be set to the exact stock measurements.

Berzerker

4 wheel parts here wanted to. Barge me $5260.99 to get me through the recon permit lol so. I'm getting a new jeep, and I'll be in Colorado so I might hit up Evo for the new coil over kit once they are done with it. It will be a good excuse to drive to Cali lol.

Berzerker

Just drove my new 2012 MW3 JKU home last night. While it was more bells and whistles than i wanted, I do love this jeep. The difference in the new transmission is night and day. I will post picks this afternoon. Thanks all for the encouragement.

Yeti-09

WOW that sucks, I guess Im stuck on the isalnd forever cause no way can i just trade my rig in. Id loose A LOT of money!!! Did you look into a privite shipper or OPlift through the navy? Now im kinda thinking about what I might have to do to get the yeti off the island....what sucks even more is Oahu is the only island with recon :thinking:

Top Bottom