Much needed advice

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I have the 2012 JKUR MW3 and I was looking at putting it up on 37's. However, with all the front axel, driveshafts and misc. needs for a kit to run 37's. I have decided to put the new axel shafts, gussets and front bumper/winch first. So, I will be saving up for the lift, drive shafts drag link flip, and fear tire carrier. I need new tires and I was wandering if i should just throw 33's on the stoke wheels with spacers or try and find a way to run 35's till i can afford the kit. my budget right now 3-3.8k.

Berzerker

Ps. I dont have tools and I dont know anyone in Colorado so I will be relying on a shop with the standard $100ph ripoff rate... I mean labor rate.

MTG

Caught the Bug
There are plenty of Colorado members here that I would guess would be willing to give you a hand with the work for some :beer:.

If you want 37s, I'd wait until you can afford them. Unless your tires are worn out and need replaced that is.

Good luck!

Berzerker

There are plenty of Colorado members here that I would guess would be willing to give you a hand with the work for some :beer:.

If you want 37s, I'd wait until you can afford them. Unless your tires are worn out and need replaced that is.

Good luck!

Thanks, yea the tires might have 4k left on then lol. Oh and by the way before anyone gets upset. I do know that $100ph is the standard rate i was just poking fun.

FoxC

x2^^^^^...save up a little longer and do it the way you want. It will be worth the wait...:yup:

Berzerker

x2^^^^^...save up a little longer and do it the way you want. It will be worth the wait...:yup:

I do realize it would be worth the wait but if i have to buy tires anyway, i wight as well get some that i can take on some of the trails right?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If your close I would look for some used tires. Either Craigslist or local tire shop. Something to get you buy until you can get what you want.

And as far as not having tools. Go buy them. You will save yourself money in the end. It will probably be $800-$1000 in labor to install your lift. That is all the tools you need plus extra to take your wife to dinner.

Berzerker

If your close I would look for some used tires. Either Craigslist or local tire shop. Something to get you buy until you can get what you want.

And as far as not having tools. Go buy them. You will save yourself money in the end. It will probably be $800-$1000 in labor to install your lift. That is all the tools you need plus extra to take your wife to dinner.

I have a 6ft mac slap full of tools but the army is still trying to find them. They were "lost in transit" and i have to give them 36 months to find them until they pay me 1/4 of the value.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I have a 6ft mac slap full of tools but the army is still trying to find them. They were "lost in transit" and i have to give them 36 months to find them until they pay me 1/4 of the value.

That really sucks! :grayno:

It's really absurd that you have to wait 3 years for only 1/4 the value. :icon_crazy:

MTG has been running 37s without changing his axle shafts or front drive shaft for quite a while. He even ran the JKX like that.

Personally I am getting a lift and 37s and try it out for a while before changing axles. I will probably have some lag time after the lift is installed before purchasing a new front drive shaft. But hey, that's just me.

I already have many of the other goodies like a winch and armor. It will be swapped out eventually for EVO but lift and tires are my target at the moment.

SquareLJ

It's only because the army will only allow 5k insured on household goods.

Ahh...leave it to the Army to give you the shaft. Sorry brother, hope they find that shit. I got lucky that none of my shit went missing during transit. I think that was because I put everything into Pelican cases and double pad locked all of them. :crazyeyes:

As far as running 35's, you'll be good to go. Your Rubi has D44 axles under it. The 44 can handle 35's like a champ and 37's if you use finesse.

And on second thought, why not go to the DIY shop on post?

StrizzyChris

You can do 35's with no lift, fender trim, and bump stop extensions. You will lose wheel travel, but it can be done, and is exactly what I am doing in my "in between stage". Find a family member or friend to do the gussets for you for beer or say $50 bucks.

Like mentioned above go with used tires if you're not getting your desired size. good luck with the build! :thumb:

The Army lost some of my stuff on my first move, what a pain. so i did a Dity move the last time when i ETS and made a ton of money!! you should try it next time. even after renting a trailer and trailering from Texas to Cali with fuel costs and using a tent in the desert overnight instead of a motel(dont tell the Army that) it was totally worth every penny:thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Much Needed Advice

I just moved from Bliss to Jackson, they managed to break at least one piece of each room set, Bedroom headboard and dresser mirror, 1 bench of our custom kitchen table, desk from the office, one of the kids beds, etc. First time in 12 years I didn't do a dity, that wont be happening again! Luckily, all was settled quickly and our claim was paid out in about 60 days.
As far as 35s, as mentioned by others, your 44s will handle them. Maybe try a TF leveling kit? They make a pretty decent difference, might be just what you need for the 35s. Good luck bro, hope everything works out with your tools!

Top Bottom