Snorkel Ram Question

Tranquillity

I was just wondering about turning the air ram backward for those bad snowy condition. I googled it and came with two conclusions, it can be harmful for the engine or it can be fine (Turning it backward). So, with that much confidence I turned it half backward to get at my job site.

Any pros with the whole snorkel thing here could confirm that facing the air ram backward is harmful? Any personal experiences with driving in snowy condition?

I know snorkel have water draining pattern on the ram but when it comes to freezing snow which stick like a moth on your wiper I guess it can clog all those drains... In a "pedal to the metal" case, would the air suction be enough to suck any small water accumulation to the intake?

I bought this snorkel to stop worrying about hydro lock and off course for the look it gives. Now I'm all paranoiac about it.

IMG_2790_zpse53b95e6.jpg

DanMojo82

I may not get as much snow as you but I always leave mine facing forward in the winter. We do get a lot of snow at times and I've never had any problems with it.

Top Bottom