Rugged Ridge lift kit, or other. Lots of highway driving need opinions

JohnXDoe

Hey everyone new to the forum! Go give me a wave in the introductions! But anyway was wondering if anyone runs or knows anyone that runs this kit and if it's any descent at all. I know lift kits are going to all be based on each persons own opinion but I was going to just do a budget boost but this is around the same price.

Rugged Ridge 18415.50 ORV 2.5" - 3.5" Suspension Lift Kit with Shocks for 07 Up Wrangler JK 2 Door and 4 Door : Amazon.com : Automotive

Were looking for something that will still ride really well and drive well on the freeway since were stationed in Germany and do alot of traveling at pretty descent speeds. Planning on running 285's on the stock wheels and eventually would like to end up on 37's with cut fenders. Just looking for some advice and hopefully reviews on the kit. Or maybe some other good ideas!

By the way this will be going on a 2013 JKU sport with 3.73s and no towing package.

I am new to the forum and Jeeps so I do a lot of research prior to purchasing anything. One thing to think about is what are your plans to whit your Jeep, aggressive offloading or mild with an occasional wild? Are you going to require a lot of flex? Something else to think about is upgrade ability? If you go with a 2.5 and want to upgrade eventually some kits may not upgrade. Highly recommend adjustable track bar for your front axle and rear track bar extension mount for the rear (most come with the rear bracket) Teraflex has a YouTube video about selecting a lift. It is good info to help you decide. They also have a tire selection video.
Personally I went the ProComp 2.5 spring and shock lift. Getting a Rock Krawler adjustable track brak and sway bar disconnect.

Just food for thought.
Will

TacPen

Banned
I'm running the AEV 2.5" lift right now. While it's great on the street and highway it's probably not the best way to go for off-roading. It's a decent setup but for the money I think it's over-priced. That said the highway and on-road ride is definitely good.

If I had to do it again, since I wheel this thing a lot I would have done something different but for lots of highway driving it seems ok.

Top Bottom