need some help !!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I bought a front OEM locker for my front axle build from someone on craigslist. It arrived today like this....what do you think? I was told it would be in perfect working condition but it looks sketchy to me.....I'm going to try and get a hold of guy today but, judging from the pictures, would you install this?

craigslist_locker_0014.jpg craigslist_locker_0013.jpg craigslist_locker_0006.jpg craigslist_locker_0004.jpg

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Yeah... bearings are toast. I wouldn't put those axles I sent you in that without replacing those bearings. I am concerned about the scratches on the inside. Did he send you just the locker or did it come with R&P? It almost looks like he blew up the R&P and salvaged the locker. Any more pictures?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeeaaa I'm no expert either but that first pic says it all. Deff trashed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepgreenjon

Yeah... bearings are toast. I wouldn't put those axles I sent you in that without replacing those bearings. I am concerned about the scratches on the inside. Did he send you just the locker or did it come with R&P? It almost looks like he blew up the R&P and salvaged the locker. Any more pictures?

x2! The bearings are easy enough to replace and cheap enough that I wouldnt chance it! I would definitely agree that locker took a bath and tumble with some pieces of R&P!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

Well crap,kinda what I figured. It did come with the r&p. they seemed okay, I'll look more closely at them in morning. The guy is blaming damage on USPS and suggesting I contact them. According to him it was in "perfect condition" when it left his house. It was packaged very poorly however, basically loose in a box with some brown paper so I see it as shipper error. He didn't send it with insurance so don,t think the post will be filling a claim anyway. Thanks for the input guys. Let me know if you have any more suggestions. Gonna contact seller again and see what he says. I've had good experience with CL in the past as most jeepers tend to be honest, we'll see.

Top Bottom