12 auto revs and slams into gear.

Yukon

Can anyone help. I have 10k on it and the last couple of days while driving up hill it revs while downshifting and slams into gear.
I can be in 4th and then rev slams into 2nd then shifts into 3rd. I checked the fluid and it level. Any ideas?
Thank you

Skid_Kid

Yukon. I checked the TSB's and nothing is showing up for this problem. My 13 down shift going up kill on the highway, but not as bad as yours.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can anyone help. I have 10k on it and the last couple of days while driving up hill it revs while downshifting and slams into gear.
I can be in 4th and then rev slams into 2nd then shifts into 3rd. I checked the fluid and it level. Any ideas?
Thank you

Definitely take it in ASAP. Don't mess around with tranny issues.

Yukon

I wonder if I should take off my 35's and put the stockers back on. I just don't want a hard time with warranty. Even tough they'll probably bust my chops with the lift. I guess we'll see.

I wonder if I should take off my 35's and put the stockers back on. I just don't want a hard time with warranty. Even tough they'll probably bust my chops with the lift. I guess we'll see.

I was talking with my service manager the other day and he told me to bring my '11 in when I get 35's on it and he would reprogram it for me. I had a similar issue with another brand of vehicle and it was a defective shift solenoid. IMHO I would leave your rig just as you have it for trouble shooting and diagnosis.

R/
Will

jeeeep

Hooked
did you reprogram it after you got the 35's? you need to reprogram the shift points for the difference. for 2012 I believe the Procal will take care of it

Yukon

So, after the dealership had my jeep for an hour they called me and said that they can't replicate the shift problem, that they do not hear the tick in the valve train and that their Bluetooth works fine! And then they said because of my HUGE tires and lift that the warranty on my jeep is VOIDED!!! My head is going to explode!!! What can I do? I have 34's and 3.5 lift and unfortunately haven't even been offroad yet with 10k miles and 2yrs left on a non existent warranty! Please help

1yellowjk

They can't do that, they can't just VOID a warranty. It has to be a modification that caused the problem for them to decline coverage. Time to start calling Chrysler or speak to the service manager, dealership manager.

Is this the factory waranty or an optional waranty?

Good luck.

munstie

There's a guy in our Jeep club that is fighting with Chrysler right now, due to the engine dropping a main, from what I understand and they are saying its due to larger tires, he is on his extended warranty right now and was going thru a mod friendly dealership that was fighting for him as well. Needless to say they keep denying his claim.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah it's been programmed thanks though.

Are you sure you re-calibrated it correctly? You took an exact measurement from the ground to the top corner of your tire's shoulder, the point where the sidewall turn and becomes your tread? What you are describing sounds a lot like your shift point is off and an incorrect calibration will do that.

Yukon

I think so Eddy, I'll triple check but its been fine for over a year with the programming. It's more of what the dealer said to me that has me upset.

Yukon

Is there anything I can do about the warranty being voided. Or should I just keep my mouth shut and go to a different dealer?

Chairokey

Is there anything I can do about the warranty being voided. Or should I just keep my mouth shut and go to a different dealer?

Unfortunately you've been flagged for all dealerships I'm sure.. Eddie went through something similar and it was a long ordeal. I'm sure someone could link you to it. I would if I had the time. Good luck!

jeeeep

Hooked
now that dealers are installing lifts and tires, maybe the flagging will stop. It may take a class action against Chrysler but it's too similar to the fights when they insisted if you took your car to any other service for oil changes it would void the warranty. Hell, Chrysler promotes and supports aftermarket! I don't understand why they toss the void flag so fast. ok I'm done ranting, it's :beer: time

jkmadness

These f.... ckers need to get slapped with a class action, when this happens I will be the first one to sign up.
I haven't gone to the dealer yet (knock on wood) but I get so worked up by reading these posts that it makes me want to drive right up to mine and spit on someone's face :mad:

Top Bottom