35's with no lift?

JKPilot

Hello all...I have a '13 rubicon on its way and I am working out the build details as I wait. I would like to get 35's on ASAP, can it be done without a lift if so what are the pro's/con's? If not what direction should I go to support the 35's? Additionally, based on the SoCal group experience what is the minimum build for the type of trips you run?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It can be done but you will need to run flat fenders or trim your factory ones to do it. You will also need to trim your pinch seam. I personally would try and install a 2.5" coil spacer lift or, budget boost to help things along. You can get one with shock extensions and you won't be out too much money.

i think with a 2 or 2.5" BB it is about value. it is pretty hard to screw up a lift this size, so getting a less expensive lift is a good choice. there is no real need for control arms or geometry correction, so the install is pretty simple. the fender trim is also pretty easy. so your build plan is pretty easily achieved...

andrew -

Punisher417

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366005081.039682.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366005117.733346.jpg
Stock suspension no lift on 35"s I'm waiting on ORE to finish my king shocks 😊 I didn't trim the pinch seems so I can go off roading because it'll rub like crazy. But I'm running flat flares and I chopped the front bumper.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I ran a 2.5bb from rough country with 35s for more flex to begin with. Before moving to a 3.5. Was I believe 130 or so.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

I'm running this same set up on 35" nitto muds on my '13 JKUR. As mentioned u MUST cut the fenders to clear them. The new 13's have the pinch seams trimmed and no longer require it for 35" :thumb: if you're only doing street use then that's enough, but off road and disconnected ull need bump stop extensions. Lastly ull need 1.5" wheel spacers to barely clear 12.5" wide tires

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I know your new to the forums but there is an edit button to add things to your post after submitting it. :thumb:

Skid_Kid

Hello all...I have a '13 rubicon on its way and I am working out the build details as I wait. I would like to get 35's on ASAP, can it be done without a lift if so what are the pro's/con's? If not what direction should I go to support the 35's? Additionally, based on the SoCal group experience what is the minimum build for the type of trips you run?

What gears are coming with your Rubi?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Beyrgut

I'm running this same set up on 35" nitto muds on my '13 JKUR. As mentioned u MUST cut the fenders to clear them. The new 13's have the pinch seams trimmed and no longer require it for 35" :thumb: if you're only doing street use then that's enough, but off road and disconnected ull need bump stop extensions. Lastly ull need 1.5" wheel spacers to barely clear 12.5" wide tires

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Is the trimmed pinch seam only on the Rubicon, I'm pretty sure my '13 Sahara is going to need a trim. If it's Rubicon only that would seem very odd for manufacturing costs.

Here is what mine looks like today, I already plan on trimming it during the lift install.
DSC00871.jpg

JKPilot

Skid_Kid, I ordered the 4.10. Was wonder what tire would be best with that gearing? What is the gain/ loss if I go with 33's?

Teckfall

Is the trimmed pinch seam only on the Rubicon, I'm pretty sure my '13 Sahara is going to need a trim. If it's Rubicon only that would seem very odd for manufacturing costs.

Here is what mine looks like today, I already plan on trimming it during the lift install.
View attachment 25015

Yes you will need to cut yours. The older build date 13s still needed the pinch seem cut.

StrizzyChris

Yes you will need to cut yours. The older build date 13s still needed the pinch seem cut.

^^what he said. The OP sounds like he has either ordered his, or waiting for delivery of a brand new JK. I believe this was something that jeep changed on post January-ish 2013 jk new builds. Mine was built around late Feb.

Beyrgut

Bastards.. I got mine back in the fall. At least they are fixing it going forward and I don't mind playing with power tools.

Last edited:

Asgard

2011 JKU Sport (now a mutant)

Stock suspension, no lift
Metalcloak Front and Rear Overline Fender Flares
Trimmed Pinch Seam
Trimmed Rubi Rock Rails
Trimmed Front Air Dam
Stubbed Front Bumper
1.5" Spidertrax spacers
Stock 17" wheels
35" Fierce Attitude M/T's (35x12.50R17)
JKS Quick-Disconnects

(recently replaced Sport shocks with Sahara shocks)

Runs great and I love the tires, I do still get some minor rubbing at maximum articulation (when disconnected) on the swaybar corners in the front and the rear frame portion in the front wheel well. At full flex the rear tire fills the entire well resting on the body seam.

IMG_2318.jpg IMG_2320.jpg IMG_2319.jpg

Briguy114

Asgard, I really like the look of those MetalCloak fenders. Don't really hear too much about their stuff. How do you like them?

Top Bottom