ever miss your first jeep?

nacho

i miss my first jeep some times. 1979 cj5, 304v8 and 3spd. Some day I would like to have another one, just for cruising around.

2012jkfng702

Yeah.. Mine was a 96 TJ with a four banger. I blew the hamster (connecting rod) straight through the side of the block and oil pan. I put a new engine in then sold her and bought a 2001 TJ with the 4.0. Miss her too cause I sold her to upgrade my 2012... But I love my 12, so far it is the love of my life :)...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i think i miss the idea of it and what it was for me but, the reality is, i'm not nostalgic enough to want it back or any of my old jeeps. the JK we have now is way better than they could ever have been and the new 2012 we have is even better. :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
i think i miss the idea of it and what it was for me but, the reality is, i'm not nostalgic enough to want it back or any of my old jeeps. the JK we have now is way better than they could ever have been and the new 2012 we have is even better. :yup:

yep, same here.

I had a 98 TJ 4 banger, I missed it. So we bought a 98 TJ with a straight 6. We only drove it once or twice after we moved to California. It just can not compete with the JK's...

TJ's suck the big one....:yup:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I miss the FSJ Cherokee I had with a 401 and 35s. My old Kaiser J2000 is prob second on my list. Both were beasts, both had 401s, both required some skill to drive in a straight line! Lol.

GCM 2

No, sort of

Don't really miss my CJ5 or CJ7, I have gotten so used to the extra room of my 4 door that I don't know if I could go back. I do miss my J20 truck (1978, 360 V8, Dana 60 front, Dana 60 full float rear), because that thing would go straight to Off Road Evoultion for some major 21st century upgrades and become my tow rig. I would dig the old school look with, modern technology upgrades (motor, suspension, brakes, electrical)

Last edited:

firecrew1

really wish i hadn't sold the all original 84 cj7 renegade with the 258 and an auto :idontknow: only had 76,000 miles when i got rid of it. wish it had a stick but it was so fun to cruise around

cosmo11

ya i miss my first jeep also was a 04 TJ loved it. I am a farely new jeeper,but here is my small list.

230146-R1-13-11A.jpg

moved on to a 89 cherokee not a bad ride sold it.

lkj.jpg

sold it and bought my wife the 11 JK

DSC02980.jpg

and i went out and bought myself a 98 cherokee 4.5 and some 31s

photobucket-5839-1332391542856.jpg

that is the extent of my past and present collection .:thumb:

OH9JK

First Jeep was a '65 CJ5. No frills just get in and go.

Would I trade my JK in to have the old CJ back? NO WAY!!

20jk08

Re:

I don't miss my first one, 88YJ, crap tranny, p.o.s. 4.2, weak axles, etc etc. Didn't have the funds to build it right, glad it's a memory :icon_crazy:
Went on to a 99 Cherokee,(best year) loved it till it got driven into the ground,
Now in the JKU rubi, driving has matured, it's going to last a while...

First jeep was a willys jeep truck. no way do I miss it.

I miss my TJ. only because we put a but load of money and time into it. and had it for ever.

LAFD101

My first jeep was a '47 willys. No top or doors, four cylinder, and 35mph tops, but man I do miss that jeep. It was a weekend have fun vehicle. I did drive it to work at the fire station a couple of times.

2rescue01

My first Jeep was a 1984 CJ-7, which I bought in 1996. I still have it to this day, but now also own a 2008 Unlimited Rubicon. I love the Rubicon, and can't bear to get rid of the CJ. Way too many good times to part with it!!!

kyro

my first jeep was a 99 T/diesel XJ had it for 10 years now have a TJ and a WG but will have a Dozer JK one day

dscf0192.jpg WJ Grand3.jpg DSC_0009.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I miss my first Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 97 Limited with the 5.2L super duper gas guzzler. Peanut butter guts and 32's. I wheeled that thing everywhere and it never let me down.

I moved on to a 00' TJ

image-3841555868.jpg

Sold that and went Jeepless for a while until I found my baby! My Rescue green JK.

image-1901109120.jpg

I wouldn't mind having my ZJ back. Don't miss my TJ because I'm in love with my JK.

Jeep4me2

I kind of miss my last one. '84 CJ7

image-933204781.jpg

But I usually only drove it during the summers, and even then it wasn't my daily driver. I had to sell it to get my JKU.

image-4008077060.jpg

I miss it, but my JKU is better

Top Bottom