Soft top help?

Shad0w

So being that it is getting warmer, gradually, here in the northeast I put my soft top and windows on for the first time since buying my JK. I noticed that it is really difficult and a very tight fit for all the parts, so tight that I had to have two buddies of mine help me put it on. Is this normal? Will the top stretch out at all as it gets worn out? Thanks!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So being that it is getting warmer, gradually, here in the northeast I put my soft top and windows on for the first time since buying my JK. I noticed that it is really difficult and a very tight fit for all the parts, so tight that I had to have two buddies of mine help me put it on. Is this normal? Will the top stretch out at all as it gets worn out? Thanks!

yea it will. just leave it closed for the next week even if it is warm out. it will allow the fibers to stretch out and the sun will help it as well. also if you drive with your window up and the air on that will help it stretch a little as well since the air will be pushing it out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, soft tops can be a PITA to install unless it's been sitting out in the sun warming up for a while. First time install is always a real pain. Totally normal.

Top Bottom