The East Coast SC

phillypete

Hey Ya'll from sunny coastal South Carolina. Myrtle Beach to be exact.

I picked up my 2013 JKU two weeks ago with every intention of being a mall krawler, not even knowing what a mall krawler was or anything about the off road community. Now that I own such a capable vehicle I feel the need to utilize such abilities.

I think what really did me in was the wayalife videos on YouTube. Besides the amazing off roading clips, the spirit and camaraderie displayed by the participants is very inspiring.

After dumping an additional 5 grand into her, I'm sitting here making my list of what I'll need in order to survive a Moab trip!

I hope to see ya'll on the trials soon!

Pete

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Friendly wave from one south carolinian to another.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

phillypete

Friendly wave from one south carolinian to another.

Ah, Anderson. I get up to Cashiers, NC every once in a blue moon. I know Tellico is down the road a bit and there is an old fire trail that feeds in a small creek on my on laws land that needs to be explored, but what would you recommend I check out when I'm in the area?

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Ah, Anderson. I get up to Cashiers, NC every once in a blue moon. I know Tellico is down the road a bit and there is an old fire trail that feeds in a small creek on my on laws land that needs to be explored, but what would you recommend I check out when I'm in the area?

I haven't really explored my area too too much. A few power line trails around here. But I know the gulches is about the best place to wheel around me that's not too fsr of a drive.

phillypete

I haven't really explored my area too too much. A few power line trails around here. But I know the gulches is about the best place to wheel around me that's not too fsr of a drive.

Oh, I guess you are pretty close to the glutches. For whatever reason I was picturing Anderson closer to NC and the Glutches closer to Columbia.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Oh, I guess you are pretty close to the glutches. For whatever reason I was picturing Anderson closer to NC and the Glutches closer to Columbia.

About an hr to the gulches. I haven't been there yet. I'm planning on a trip this summer. Adding a few more upgrades first

phillypete

About an hr to the gulches. I haven't been there yet. I'm planning on a trip this summer. Adding a few more upgrades first

I'm with you on that one! I've got a lot of work to do before I push it too hard.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome! :standing wave:

I think it's safe to say that a lot of people are here because of Eddie and Cindy's videos. :yup:

Top Bottom