Truck-Lite LED Headlights

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of all the outstanding improvements that were made on the new 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler, I have to say that I'm a little disappointed that a new set of headlights weren't one of them. As anyone who's ever owned a JK before knows, the factory headlights are pratically worthless when it comes to lighting the way at night and, since a cat needs to see well at night, we made sure to make one of our very first mods, a brand new set of Truck-Lite LED headlights. Here are some pics of what they look like...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

These are a side by side comparison shots of IPF 920H4 and Truck-Lite LED up against a wall so that you can see what kind of beam they both put out:

Low Beams
main.php

High Beams
main.php

We chose to take these comparison shots in a dark alley way so that you could get a better sense of what the overall spread of both are like. Please note that to the naked eye, the actual lighting that both sets of headlights provided did appear to be brighter (way better than stock) but, in the interest of showing how the lights performed more accurately, we purposefully set the aperture and speed on our camera so that you could see where the actual beams of light were hitting.

No Lights
main.php

Low Beams
main.php

High Beams
main.php

Please note that I love the IPF's, they put out a whole lot more light than stock and with a much better spread but, if you can afford a set of Truck-Lite LED's, you will get what you pay for. :cool:

For those of you who are interested in seeing a write-up on how easy these are to install, simply click on the link below:

Truck-Lite Jeep JK Wrangler LED Headlight Installation Write-Up

No joke, these things install in about 10 minutes and are WAY BETTER than stock. Not quite HID's but, a lot cheaper than them and a lot more durable. :cool:

Attachments

• image-153587603.jpg
    image-153587603.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image-2699098522.jpg
    image-2699098522.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 22

gary crouch

truck lites

I just bought a pair... but cant install them right away because I had a set of Delta's (they are just as bad as the stock lights if not worse!) and I need the stock light ring to hold the truck lite's in.... The stock lights and the ring must have been tossed... sooooo off to the dealer to buy a set.. for a mear $53.00 each I bought them OUCH!!!!

should get them by friday this week and I can't wait to finally get some decent lights!.. They sure wern't cheap though something like 600.00 for the pair at 4-parts, maybe I spent too much??

anyway, like your site, I think I might have saw you and your wife at the Lucas off road show a week ago... That was over the top cool...lots of neat stuff!!! I went thinking I was going to spend a couple of hours and I think I ended up staying over 6hrs......

gary

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ouch is right!! I had no idea those rings were so expensive. $600 for the pair of Truck-Lites sounds about right though. I've been real happy with mine and feel they are totally worth the money.

TeamFaust

Wow, that sure seems a bit spendy, although the light output looks pretty good and I'm guessing that not only is power consumption significantly lower but that heat is limited as well. I'll have to add these to my wish list. Do they make accessory lights as well, if so any experience?

Attachments

• IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3294.jpg
    IMG_3294.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3315.jpg
    IMG_3315.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3337.jpg
    IMG_3337.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3011.jpg
    IMG_3011.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 54

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
they are a bit spendy but, i personally feel they are worth every penny. the factory lights do anything but on the road and these are a HUGE improvement.

Attachments

• 31092_395043754705_5819764_n.jpg
    31092_395043754705_5819764_n.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 10
  • PIC_0194.JPG
    PIC_0194.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 9

Robar

The Enforcer
I may consider these in the future. For now I added the SilverStar lamps that I had in my '07 before the IPF headlights.

pastorwug

Just purchased a set of H4 Headlight conversion kit from Rallylights.com seem to be the best alternative to the Trucklite LEDs, I just cvouldn't explain $600 for headlights to my wife, $254 was hard enought and I'm getting 100/80 Hella bulbs with the new wiring harness and relays with that.

Eddie, do you think the new Truck Lite LED's are a big improvement over the set that you just put on "the cat"? From the pics from SEMA, they look amazing, but are they worth the wait?

Attachments

• NemoAftermath1.jpg
    NemoAftermath1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 4
  • NemoAftermath2.jpg
    NemoAftermath2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, do you think the new Truck Lite LED's are a big improvement over the set that you just put on "the cat"? From the pics from SEMA, they look amazing, but are they worth the wait?

the way it was explained to me, it puts out the same amount of light as the current version only the beam patter is more natural and even like a normal headlight. this is possible as it's using a refracting mirror to cast the light as opposed to individual prisms. i would have to install a set and do a test myself to know one way or another though.

jllaclair

600 dollars for a pair of head lights??? I have a great job and all, but holly crap... I would never spend that kind of money on a set of lights.

Robar

The Enforcer
600 dollars for a pair of head lights??? I have a great job and all, but holly crap... I would never spend that kind of money on a set of lights.

I completely agree. I have SilverStar bulbs in my head lights now and will probably get some for the fog lights and then some good long range or driving lights on the bumper. All that will probably be less $ than one LED head light.

Buddy22

A new set of beautiful eyes ha ha

I like the way they look. I wil definitely add these to my wish list:clap2:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Woot woot!! :thumb: To me I just love the look of the last years model than the new ones. I cant wait to get mine here in a week once money permits! :wings:

Top Bottom