35" on 2012 auto sport with 3:21! What does everyone think!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
2012 jeep. I am looking at 35" tires, and running 3:21 gears with auto trans.:yup: Jeep is my D/D, but I am not a big lead foot.:doh: Please chime in what you all think!:thumb:

phillypete

I'm doing just that plus a 3" lift. If the lift kit comes in I should be able to let you know by the end of the week.

For me the 35's are a stepping stone to bigger and better. By the time they wear out I plan on having the necessary accommodations for 37's, so gears are in my future either way.

Tranquillity

Possible, as long as you're willing to sacrifice some power and recalibrate your speedo. Can't tell from personnal experience thought...

Showroom

I'm in the same boat. I'm doing a 3" and 35s this weekend. I'll post up when I get a few miles on her

Heholua

2012 jeep. I am looking at 35" tires, and running 3:21 gears with auto trans.:yup: Jeep is my D/D, but I am not a big lead foot.:doh: Please chime in what you all think!:thumb:

It can be done, but it's gonna suck. You will more than likely want to regear to 4.10s or 4.56s depending on your future plans.:beer:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I have that exact set up and it's perfectly fine on and off road it does have a little power loss but not much to me at least.

Ray ⛺

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Thank you for all the replies. I am going to re-gear but not until next year. Keep us all posted once do your installs this weekend would like to hear what you think.

My setup:
2012 sport
Automatic
3.6L 3:21

Rubi coils and shocks gave me 1.25" going to cut fenders and add 1.5" wheel spacers. I would like to do easy to mod. trails. Until I can get my jeep to look like Mobby and all the others I am staying with these type of trails.

Last edited:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have that exact set up and it's perfectly fine on and off road it does have a little power loss but not much to me at least.

Ray ⛺

Hey Ray,

I always thought you had a RUBI:yup: Cool glad its working for you and I am looking forward to adding 35", How bad did your MPG get?

Last edited:

tkkim

I have 2012 with 34" and 3.21 gear. it is sluggish. I did some off road travel and it worked pretty good. but you can see shift down gear consistently and obviously loss power. I'll do regear soon.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
definitely very do-able. is it going to ideal, probably not, but do-able. i cant remember, are you going with BB?

andrew -

Right now, rubi coils they gave me 1.25" of height next triming fenders then later BB from there.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh okay! I could not remember if that conversation had happened or not. OH WAIT! did you buy Franks take-offs??? anyway....

You just need a pinch seam trim and a fender trim and you should be good to go. A little power loss, but shouldnt be too bad unless you are going up hills a lot.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Oh okay! I could not remember if that conversation had happened or not. OH WAIT! did you buy Franks take-offs??? anyway....

Yep I bought Frank's rubi take off's. Got a great deal. Not a lot of hills. But I do go up to big bear a few times s year. I try to drive with a lite foot.

You just need a pinch seam trim and a fender trim and you should be good to go. A little power loss, but shouldnt be too bad unless you are going up hills a lot.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

the drive up to Big Bear will not be that fun for you with that set up, but you'll get there. Just remember that the turn-outs are there for YOU! :D

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Hey Ray,

I always thought you had a RUBI:yup: Cool glad its working for you and I am looking forward to adding 35", How bad did your MPG get?

Nope I wish I had a rubi haha :D but its working out great ether going fast in the desert or doing a little rock crawling it works great just going up hills sometimes sucks. My MPG went down by maybe 2 miles not to bad but I still get 19 MPG sometimes on highway. Although I do plan on regearing soon so I can have my power back but for now I'm content. 😄👍

Ray ⛺

Top Bottom