first time with the soft top

cosmo11

hello guys, just put the soft top on the jeep for the summer, it is the first time i,ve put one on a jk, seems as tho when driving it (flops) in the middle. Have i done it wright or is their something i need to do..
photobucket-3529-1332360617567.jpg

photobucket-5566-1332360648756.jpg

photobucket-6317-1332360684563.jpg

photobucket-4830-1332360712244.jpg

zeddjb

Hope This Helps

It sort of does that, but looking at your pictures I'm not quite sure you have it set correctly. You kind of want to fold everything up all nice, not just let it hang.

Take a look at my pictures. Sorry I couldn't get better pictures; my wife wasn't around to give me a hand taken pictures. I hope these pictures help you out a bit.

Also, it might seem a bit silly, but here is a great video made by Jeep that shows you exactly how to do it. You will want to skip to :27 to show exactly how to fold it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xuo5rdEX48&feature=related

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. I hope I helped.

_MG_8335.jpg _MG_8336.jpg _MG_8337.jpg _MG_8338.jpg _MG_8339.jpg

zeddjb

I just watched that video again, and compared to what I'm doing and I'm basically folding them in the opposite way they explained it. I think the way that I do it works much better but I'm no engineer. I normally run the top either all the way down or all the way up. I hardly ever run it half way with just the sun-rider open.

Sorry for the confusion. :icon_crazy:

zeddjb

So I folded my soft top back like the video said and I was driving down the road when I heard some flapping going on. I pulled over and sure enough the corners in the rear that connect to the body came off and were just flapping in the wind. Now I remember why I fold it the way I do. It puts more tension on the rear and keeps everything tight. :icon_crazy:

Hopes that helps you out. :standing wave:

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
This is how it should really look. Go over to Project-JK.com , there is a how to on how to fold the sunraider back. This way also helps when foldding the top all the way back. The pic. I am holdding up is from Project-JK.com .

Also make sure to use the Velcro Strap's that came with your JK. It keep's the top from lifting so the top will not flap in the wind.

Attachments

• Straps.jpg
    Straps.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Top Folded 2.jpg
    Top Folded 2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Top Folded.jpg
    Top Folded.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Top Bottom