Finishes

Trembley

Hey Guys,

When I first got my White Knuckle Offroad sliders, I used 3 coats of Rustoleum Self Etching Primer, then three coats of Rustoleum Satin Black Paint on top of them...

well wouldn't you know going through an upstate NY winter with all the road salt, I now have some surface rust that I think I need to deal with...

Should I be looking to put a clear coat on over this stuff or maybe switch off to spray on bedliner so that I can resist the rust a bit better next time around.

What do you guys think.

Ben

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it's just surface rust, I might try and clean up the heavy stuff with steel wool and then hit it up with more Rustolium or frame paint.

Rebel JK

I would look into possibly galvanizing them. Hot dipped would be the best, then rattle can over it. I grew up in the midwest and its amazing what 5 year old cars looked like! Hot dipped is often required on piping systems in treatment facilities with corrosive atmospheres.

Trembley

I'm going to clean them up with the flap wheel, hit the spots with some more primer..then top coat with por-15 top coat, It was running about the same price as frame paint in the aresol can so I went for it. That should do it imo!

Top Bottom