What camera do you use?

Tranquillity

I'm wondering what you all use as video camera ? I'm planning to go wheeling often this year and I'd like to get lots of videos. Last year I used my good ol' Iphone 3gs... It isn't the best tool but got the job done. I'm just not certain if I should get a go pro or something cheaper. I saw the thread of the key chain 808 #16, I don't think it suit for me as I like to get a lot of videos and sort them later. On the other hands the Iphone is very shaky when mounted on the windshield...

Something like this camera seems great, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Kodak-PlayFull-Ze2-Waterproof-HD-Video-Camera-Underwater-Camcorder-Black-/321076889451?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item4ac1ac876b

18 mb of memory is ridiculous but adding a memory card will be perfect. Should these "cheaper" camera are worth it or I should be saving for a go pro? Also could be cool having more than one camera... Get different angles or one at the driver. Would be able to watch ourselves shitting our pants and improve our skill as well :LOL:

TwtPunk08JK

I'm more interested in the different types of editing software that different people use. Getting the pictures and video is one thing. Making a quality video is a totally different story.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

flotto

I just got the new Olympus tough tg-2 camera. Took it wheeling this weekend did amazing video. Also great point and shoot camera. Very happy with it. I've also used a gopro which will take good video but sucks as a camera that's why I went with the tg-2. All the mounts for the gopro that everyone loves you can find for point and shoot cameras also. Had mine mounted all over the jeep with a mini gecko suction cup mount.

EOD-JKU

If your just looking for a very simple point and shoot video camera I have more than impressed with my Flip Ultra HD. The features couldn't be easier for the video and sound quality you get. Size of a cell phone and on and shooting in a few seconds making to easy to capture surprise stuff.

Tranquillity

Well, I searched for a couple of hours. Came across the contour roam. Anyone have it? Seems pretty decent, plus could be great for hunting footage. :question:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
My main body is a Canon1DsMKIII with a 30D backup body. Glass in assorted colors and flavors. For video, I just use my gopro2 and my iphone when convenient.

Contours and GoPro's are really good POV cameras. I personally like GoPro but thats me. If you want smaller POV cameras try looking at the sony replayHD I believe its a little cheaper and has an aluminum case. Whatever you decide try to stick with it because you will end up with 50 different types of mounts and hardware if not ;)

Tranquillity

Well lol, I ended up with the Emerson go action cam... Not what I wanted but that's what fitted most.

Haven't noticed I was on the amazon.com when I switched back to amazon.ca the contour gone from 116$ to 201$ Which was quite abusive. So I called my local futureshop to hear that they removed all their contour since they got bumped by go pro and sony's action cam...

So anyway, paid 80 bucks for the cam, I don't have any hype on it but will get the job done. Beside, if I happen to break it, it will be less heartbreaking :beer:

badassbrass

I have a contour2+. Pretty good cam. Good battery Life. Get a 32g inside. Bluetooth is usefull since you CAN adjust viewing and record from your i phone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a contour2+. Pretty good cam. Good battery Life. Get a 32g inside. Bluetooth is usefull since you CAN adjust viewing and record from your i phone.

What type of battery life you get when using your bluetooth and phone for settings?

Tabers

I use an iphone for still shots and a Gopro Hero3 for video... im not too gib into taking pics ... i will record everything and then pull the still shots from video ....

badassbrass

What type of battery life you get when using your bluetooth and phone for settings?

I did'nt used my Bluetooth enough to tell. But i Will carry my two battery when i'll Go for a longer ride. With thé battery charger.

Firespyer

Canon 7D w/ T3i Back up for stills or handheld video
GoPro Hero3 Black as a dash camera

I use Lightroom for photo editing, and Windows Movie Maker for videos, going to try out lightroom for that as well though

Rivertoys

I use a Nikon D90 for stills, but plan to purchase a GoPro soon for video.

I edit everything on a Mac in the extended version of Photoshop CS4, and Lightroom (I shoot all stills in RAW). I will use iMovie for video, at least at first.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I'm wondering what you all use as video camera ? I'm planning to go wheeling often this year and I'd like to get lots of videos. Last year I used my good ol' Iphone 3gs... It isn't the best tool but got the job done. I'm just not certain if I should get a go pro or something cheaper. I saw the thread of the key chain 808 #16, I don't think it suit for me as I like to get a lot of videos and sort them later. On the other hands the Iphone is very shaky when mounted on the windshield...

Something like this camera seems great, http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Kodak-PlayFull-Ze2-Waterproof-HD-Video-Camera-Underwater-Camcorder-Black-/321076889451?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item4ac1ac876b

18 mb of memory is ridiculous but adding a memory card will be perfect. Should these "cheaper" camera are worth it or I should be saving for a go pro? Also could be cool having more than one camera... Get different angles or one at the driver. Would be able to watch ourselves shitting our pants and improve our skill as well :LOL:

I use the Sony nex7 for stills and the go pro hero3 black for video. I dont have anything to show you right now because im at school but ill post up some stuff when i get home tonight.

ssgp2

I use a Contour HD first gen on my helmet, the editing was done with IMovie(cuting.audio)
Choose the Contour over the GoPro because of the cylinder profile.
45min long vid, 1080HD

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I personally like the GoPro cameras. They work great for moving/action shots, and the sound is pretty damn good too. I use GoPro cameras for most filming, and a little Cannon A480 for still shots. You can even get different lenses to get rid of the 'fishbowl' effect or for a variety of different effects, underwater/dive housings, etc. Lots of mounts, and really not all that expensive either.

Last edited:

jkmohican

Gopro cameras are great for an Adventurous person. The 180 degree viewing is awesome for off roading, I love mine.

Top Bottom