pro comp mt

bl17z90

How do these tires stack up against some of the more popular ones like the trail grapplers, mtz's or the km2's

My big concerns are how well do they wear, whats the noise level, do they grab well in mud and on rocks, and sidewall strength.

Last edited:

OJK12

I'm wondering the same. I know the new MT2 has a 40,000 mile tread wear warranty on it.

rinkishjk

I've had the pro comp MT's on my jk for about 3 years. They have not let me down at all. Great in the rocks, and the mud. They do well in the snow, and bad in the ice. They are pre drilled for studs if u need. They have chunked a little bit due to rocks, but overall I would buy them again. I run about 25 psi for the street, and 12 on the trail.
My next tires will be 37's Nitto mud grapplers.
Oh and the noise... It's no more noise that the stock rubicon tires.

Attachments

• 1366130047363.jpg
    1366130047363.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 1366130063691.jpg
    1366130063691.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

bl17z90

I'm pretty sure Moby had them at one time and Rubicat has Trail Grapplers now so I'm waiting for Eddie or Cindy to chime in because the trail grapplers are what I mostly want to compare them to.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Ran the XMTs for over a year. Sticky as hell on th rocks. Quiet on th road. Will probably last less than 40k miles.
I was very happy with them. Went to trail grappler when I went to 37s. Pro mop wasn't offerring a 37 then.
Sidewall a little weaker than toyo or Nittos. It's a better tire than KM2 s. my:twocents:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ok tire, tons of mileage but they get torn up in the rocks.

I believe they have a newer extreme mt out as well

Top Bottom