Tie Rod upgrade

TrailRidden

I recently cracked my threads for the tie rod adjusting sleeve and have decided to just replace the tie rod all together to ensure piece of mind out on the trail. I was looking at the Rock Krawler ultimate steering package.http://www.quadratec.com/products/16189_2105.htm Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this kit or has other recommendations. I would be using a OEM tie rod end to complete the install.

I am going to guess that the Currie is going to be the "best" option. I have "heard" a good thing or two about the Rock Krawler tie rod too. The OEM tie rod is not awful though...

TrailRidden

Well I already know its somethings I shouldnt cheap out on so I guess imma bite the bullet and go with currie. Thanks for the responses guys!:beer:

Prime8

I've got the rock Krawler tie rod with a DIY hydro assist steering setup. I'll let you know how it holds up this weekend after wheeling.

FrankenJeeper

I've got the rock Krawler tie rod with a DIY hydro assist steering setup. I'll let you know how it holds up this weekend after wheeling.

By chance do you have a write up on the DIY hydro assist?

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kRay.JK

I recommend looking into the Ruff Stuff 1-ton offset tie rod kit. I run it for under $150 and its beefy. TREs are proprietary though.

Last edited:

rtguy1

Or that. But I'd like to bring one to our own forum so we don't have to talk about the OTHER guys...

I'm looking forward to your write up as well Prime. Didn't mean to take away from your efforts with my comment. Just posted in case he needed something right away for a fix or anything.:yup: hurry up and finish it:cheesy:

FrankenJeeper

I'm looking forward to your write up as well Prime. Didn't mean to take away from your efforts with my comment. Just posted in case he needed something right away for a fix or anything.:yup: hurry up and finish it:cheesy:

I'm just interested in ram assist steering for the future. Not needing anything immediately haha

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom