Rockslide Engineering step sliders.

munstie

Have been curious about how well they would hold up the only appeal they have to me is to make it easier on the family to get in the Jeep.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have been curious about how well they would hold up the only appeal they have to me is to make it easier on the family to get in the Jeep.

Saw them in person at SEMA a couple of years back and they looked interesting for sure. I don't know of anyone running them so I can't say one way or another how well they actually work but, I too would be interested to know.

munstie

I have a buddy who bought them after Moab this year, so I will get to see first hand, just was curious if anybody here was running and putting them thru there paces.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
curious on this one as well after seeing it, great idea if it can actually hold up to the abuse

jeeeep

Hooked
I saw them at Moab EJS this year, pretty cool and they do hold the weight, I stood on them along with the Rockslide guys....that's a lot of weight! they seemed solid and worked.

curious how they hold up on the trial as well. they do have a you tube post demo of it on some rock tests

BlackKnight

Definately want to know about anyone that has them. I was considering them as my wife will never be able to climb into the JK once I get it the way I want it...

I'm hoping that they will be able to hold up to both hits and slides and still work properly. my worry of course is to take a hit and pinch the drop step in the unit, blowing the lowering motor. Also I wanted to make sure they have a "disable" switch available as I don't want them deploying on the trail if I'm on a rock (or close) and have them try to open if I open my door...

jeeeep

Hooked
Definately want to know about anyone that has them. I was considering them as my wife will never be able to climb into the JK once I get it the way I want it...

I'm hoping that they will be able to hold up to both hits and slides and still work properly. my worry of course is to take a hit and pinch the drop step in the unit, blowing the lowering motor. Also I wanted to make sure they have a "disable" switch available as I don't want them deploying on the trail if I'm on a rock (or close) and have them try to open if I open my door...

they do have a disable switch and in talking to the guys there, their recommendation is to have it disabled when out wheeling. I was close to buying ..then sticker shock :shock:

BlackKnight

they do have a disable switch and in talking to the guys there, their recommendation is to have it disabled when out wheeling. I was close to buying ..then sticker shock :shock:

I hear you, $1500 was what I saw at one point :eek: But I may need something like this for my wife to access. She is very much a "City" girl from Buenous Aries Argentina. She loves her jeep, but once I get and lift my JK she will have an issue with access. I'd also rather not have to carry a step stool and have to wip it out every time she needs to get in or out LOL...

personally, I think there is enough stuff on my jeep that is going to break on the trail. I am not sure I want to add something else. while they do look nice, just not sure they are going to hold up to any "heavy" abuse.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
you can also get the Evo ones and ask them to angle it out more to create a step when ordering. i heard a few guys on here did that.

MTG

Caught the Bug
People standing on them isn't the real test. Whether they can take a hit when you slide off a rock and the full weight of the jeep lands on them is.

Take $100 and invest in some jump shoes for the wife instead. :thumb:

you can also get the Evo ones and ask them to angle it out more to create a step when ordering. i heard a few guys on here did that.

i have them. i have tiny childrens and a tiny-er wife so they need a step to get in. same slider - different angle!

andrew -

BlackKnight

The EVOs have been my second choice for a while, though I heard they are doing some Boatside sliders that tie smoothly down all the way to the fraim rails to provide a continuous plate right to the underbody skids...

But it may just be a rumor, and even if real I'll have to mod them or have EVO mod them with a step protrusion off the top of topis side for a step.

munstie

I am running shrockworks sliders now, so they act as a step, but with the wife's back problems, was looking for something easier for her rather than picking her up.

I am running shrockworks sliders now, so they act as a step, but with the wife's back problems, was looking for something easier for her rather than picking her up.

I know that pain (double lower back fusion), so it is all going to depend on how you wheel i guess. If you are not bangin em against rocks regularly, they would probably hold up pretty good. Not saying they wouldnt hold up to rocks, just playin the odds is all.

munstie

I know that pain (double lower back fusion), so it is all going to depend on how you wheel i guess. If you are not bangin em against rocks regularly, they would probably hold up pretty good. Not saying they wouldnt hold up to rocks, just playin the odds is all.

She has a two level fusion as well, and another one in her neck, she was stopped to turn in our subdivision and was hit head on, other driver was going about 55

She has a two level fusion as well, and another one in her neck, she was stopped to turn in our subdivision and was hit head on, other driver was going about 55

EEEEK! That is terrible!

how long out of surgery is she. I am almost 18 months and I can say it was the BEST thing!!! I have zero back pain and zero numbness. I had pain and numbness for 10 years prior.

munstie

She still has pain numbness in her legs, her neck surgery went great though every once in awhile she will lose strength in her hands, her neck and back is a major factor why we are trying to relocate west looking in the Phoenix area with it being a drier climate the weather in northern Illinois is not helping her.

She still has pain numbness in her legs, her neck surgery went great though every once in awhile she will lose strength in her hands, her neck and back is a major factor why we are trying to relocate west looking in the Phoenix area with it being a drier climate the weather in northern Illinois is not helping her.

man that sucks! i have a great dr. here in socal if you ever need one!

sorry gents for the thread hijack! it was un-intended.... as you were!

andrew -

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

OH MAN! that sucks im sorry to hear. glad she is doing better at least! yea im sure the warming more stable weather will help her

Top Bottom