Look at my ball joints. Should they move like that?

kRay.JK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD7qfObo2-0

It's in the air on a jack. In the video I let it down to support its own weight. You can see the ball joint/knuckle move. Is this bad? Is this really bad? Would this cause fantastic amounts of death wobble at 55mph when hitting a bump? (You should have seen the lady's eyes in the car next to me this morning as I tried to control the death wobble on the interstate. Golf.Balls. :eek: )

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Yea I would replace those. Back in the old days we used to check our f-350 ball joints with a pry bar. If it move we replaced them.

kRay.JK

Yep, I followed the how-to on this forum and tested with a pry bar. Lots of movement on each side via all four ball joints. I guess I need to place an order. Anything else I should replace while I'm in there?

kRay.JK

Be sure to replace them with a good quality ball joint and not the stock units. If you can afford them go with Dynatrac's.

I wish I could. I had to go MOOG. Parts will be here Friday so hopefully I can get it done over the weekend. Oh how I loath doing ball joints. I suppose it could be worse though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I wish I could. I had to go MOOG. Parts will be here Friday so hopefully I can get it done over the weekend. Oh how I loath doing ball joints. I suppose it could be worse though.

Moog's are good ball joints. Its what I have run in every truck I have had before my JK.

kRay.JK

Moog's are good ball joints. Its what I have run in every truck I have had before my JK.

I really hope they give me at least 50k miles. I'd sure appreciate it. I've read bad things about every type of ball joint so I've scared myself into pessimism.

Top Bottom