Which U-Joint do go with?

07rub

So for the ones that saw my post for the wobble, well turns out my U joint are seizing up, so any recommendation on what to get and what to stay away, i dont have lots of coin for this so keep the ideas in the lower price range

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, didn't see the video but, if you're referring to your front axle shaft u-joints, they definitely should be changed out once every 2 years if you see a lot of water, snow, salt or mud. You should be good to go with a set of factory Spicer joints.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
was a video lol sorry if i wasnt clear, so theres no point in upgrading to like a alloy usa?

I don't think so. Spicer makes good joints. Just like tires, they just need to be replaced as a part of normal maintenance.

07rub

i just called the dealer and there asking me for the casting number? where do i find this and how hard is it to get too?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i just called the dealer and there asking me for the casting number? where do i find this and how hard is it to get too?

Casting number? You mean VIN number? If they're too dumb to know how to find a JK front axle shaft u-joint, your VIN should be all that they need to help you out.

07rub

i guess there too dumb cuz i gave them the vin then they ask for the casting number, maybe i should just call an other dealer lol

ttfhell

Eddie,
Is this something we should carry a spare for trail breaks?
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DanMojo82

I've seen a few U-joints fail on the trail, so it's not bad to have on hand. As they are small to carry and can be replaced on hand as long as you have the right tools.

Top Bottom