Would alignment correct?

zip04

After installing my life, i could only get one of my new quick disconnects to install correctly:

Correct
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366240831.640490.jpg

Incorrect
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366240851.435332.jpg

How do I correct this? Would an adjustable track bar help? If I install the driver side the correct way, the sway bar link is angled badly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You don't need an alignment to fix your "life" :crazyeyes: Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Seriously, you just need to park on level ground or, if you are and are still a bit off, have someone stand on your bumper to help make up the difference. If that's still not enough, have them bounce on it until you can get it hooked up. What you are seeing is pretty normal.

LGPow2006

I have found standing on opposite corner (rear passenger side when front driver is not aligned) also helps when reconnecting and ground is not all that level

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking that is the problem and that I need to purchase an adjustable track bar.

Sorry, I wasn't able to see the pics before and just assumed you were having trouble getting the links lined up so that you can connect them. Having said that, what you are seeing is no big deal. Even if you were to correct your axle at an unloaded ride height, it would be off again the moment you loaded up your Jeep or took off your top and doors. It's just the nature of a solid axle and I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. :yup:

bl17z90

When I first did my AEV lift it didn't call for an adjustable or new front track bar and when I put passenger side sway link back on it was at a wierd angle too but it got the job done just fine. I have JKS now anyways.

Top Bottom