LoD Rocksliders arrived

well the LoD Rocksliders arrived today. I sort of feel bad for the FedEx guy. It must have taken four guys to drop them off. Rocksliders for a 4 dr JKU are not light. The project this weekend will be to install them of course after all my homework is done.:doh: Wish me luck and words of wisdom appreciated. Pictures to follow.

Will

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
well the LoD Rocksliders arrived today. I sort of feel bad for the FedEx guy. It must have taken four guys to drop them off.

:cheesy: When the UPS guy delivered my tires he said, "I was praying someone would be here to help me unload these things! These are heavy!" :cheesy:

Good luck with the install!

:cheesy: When the UPS guy delivered my tires he said, "I was praying someone would be here to help me unload these things! These are heavy!" :cheesy:

Good luck with the install!

I asked SWMBO to help and she tried to lift one side and looked at me and said, better unpack them right here. We are not moving this. This is from someone who can carry a 2x12x12 by herself.

I am going to look at the build thread and hopefully find some instructions on LoD's site. Can't be too hard right. I have worked on multi-million dollar aircraft. What could possibly go wrong?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think Eddie did a write up on installing the lod sliders

Sent from my iPhone somewhere over the rainbow

JandSJK

JP22 and I did his last weekend. Definitely helps to have a couple people. Be careful about marking and drilling the holes its easy to be off a bit and not line up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

cuongdyna

well the LoD Rocksliders arrived today. I sort of feel bad for the FedEx guy. It must have taken four guys to drop them off. Rocksliders for a 4 dr JKU are not light. The project this weekend will be to install them of course after all my homework is done.:doh: Wish me luck and words of wisdom appreciated. Pictures to follow.

Will

I had the LOD slides on my 08 JKUR. Now I'm putting the same sliders on my 2012 JKUR. I'm doing things a little different this time because the 2 to 3 threads started to strip on me. So this time I'm welding on this weld nut and then bolting the sliders on.

image-1586835177.jpg

image-320009154.jpg

Last edited:

Will

:cheesy: I wasn't home when FedEx delivered my Rear LOD Stubby Bumper and Tire Carrier with rotopax mounts and trail rack but i saw him for another delivery a few days later (Jeep Parts of course) and he was pissed. he said next time he is gonna leave it on the sidewalk.:cheesy:

I had the same problem with UPS after they delivered my lift. :cheesy:

Just more reasons for me to love my JKU more keep buying her parts!

Last edited:

JK1

I had the LOD slides on my 08 JKUR. Now I'm putting the same sliders on my 2012 JKUR. I'm doing things a little different this time because the 2 to 3 threads started to strip on me. So this time I'm welding on this weld nut and then bolting the sliders on.

View attachment 25389

View attachment 25390

great idea i just took mine off to repaint Iowa winters are hell on metal... I had one bolt that was completely striped and a couple others that didnt look so good may have to try this but i was worried about them sticking out and not being able to get the bottom bolts in.. :thinking: also i painted mine with etching primer and rustolium bedliner paint it didnt hold up very good on gravel.. this go around i am using duplicolor bedliner paint it is more rubbery and seems to be alot better paint but at $10 a can it better be lol i stayed away from powder coat because once it chips it looks horrible and it about impossible to touch up IMO

good luck putting them on its a half a day job at least.with plenty of cussing and :beer::honey:.
also hold on to the drill tight i had it grab and wip around and smack my body line right under the door left a nice dent:doh:
matt

Prime8

Use multiple drill bits and lots of cutting fluid. Drilling the holes is the hardest part. Tapping is a pain, but its easy. Take your time! They are super solid once installed, I love mine!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366376807.589565.jpg

kRay.JK

Forgive my ignorance...but the bolts on the bottom of the frame rail look like rock magnets. :grayno: Has anyone found issues with that aspect of the design?

Prime8

Forgive my ignorance...but the bolts on the bottom of the frame rail look like rock magnets. :grayno: Has anyone found issues with that aspect of the design?

They do hang down, but if you kept your factory skids on, you have at least one of those bolts anyways.... You can always bolt, then weld the brackets to the frame rail, then remove the bottom bolts.

kRay.JK

They do hang down, but if you kept your factory skids on, you have at least one of those bolts anyways.... You can always bolt, then weld the brackets to the frame rail, then remove the bottom bolts.

We tried to weld ACE sliders on to a buddy's 2door JK but had one heck of a time trying to held the top of the mount. Not sure that's something I want to attempt again. Have you, personally, had any issues with the protruding bolt? I ask because I really like the design other than that.

Prime8

We tried to weld ACE sliders on to a buddy's 2door JK but had one heck of a time trying to held the top of the mount. Not sure that's something I want to attempt again. Have you, personally, had any issues with the protruding bolt? I ask because I really like the design other than that.

I haven't yet, but only have a couple dings in mine as there aren't many rocks in Illinois. I will be doing some crawling tomorrow and can better report back after that. But what's the worst that can happen? You tear the head off the bolt and then just drill it out and replace...

Top Bottom