Recomendation on exhausts

TexasJC

I am in the market for a new exhaust on my 09, and was curious what people's recommendation was. I've been looking at the Banks, but just want to get as much as possible when it comes to performance ( every little bit helps). Thanks.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Alot of these aftermarket exhausts are kinda expensive for all the more they are. I bought a 2 1/2" flowmaster super 44 muffler for $60, removed and threw away the factory muffler, cut out a section if pipe under the rear seat next to the evap box, had a shop weld the muffler in for me. Grand total of about $85. The dynomax exhaust that dumps in front of the rear axle is nice and priced well.

I have a dynomax that dumps pre-axle in preparation for the EVO-Lever, but in some states that will not be legal (such as Utah). I recommend you check your local laws before choosing pre-axle dump. Sound is good (relatively deep for a v6 and throaty), however low speed/high load does have some drone with pre-axle dump due to reflection of noise off the pavement (whereas other exhausts that exit out back wouldn't have this issue).

asbury1031 said:
Wayalife does the dynomax drone in the cab at all since you don't have a tail pipe

Drone will be engine speed and load dependant, and since WOL is running 5.38's (right?) and 40's, his speed/load at cruising will be different than yours (unless you have the same setup).

I have the same exhaust setup and it does drone slightly at certain speeds but I just went to and from Moab with 3 others in the JK and it wasn't an annoyance to them ( non drivers slept most of the time when we weren't in Colorado where there was actually stuff to look at, so quiet enough to sleep if that tells you anything). ~1600 mile drive with no complaints is good in my book.

GCM 2

Wayalife does the dynomax drone in the cab at all since you don't have a tail pipe

Wayoflife and I have the same EVO spec builds on our rigs and so we also run the same exhaust. The Dynomax Rock Crawler has ZERO drone at any speed or load. The exhaust terminates basically directly under the driver side rear passenger footwell, relatively quiet for that location, no problems with exhaust fumes. It is an excellent choice in systems!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wayoflife and I have the same EVO spec builds on our rigs and so we also run the same exhaust. The Dynomax Rock Crawler has ZERO drone at any speed or load. The exhaust terminates basically directly under the driver side rear passenger footwell, relatively quiet for that location, no problems with exhaust fumes. It is an excellent choice in systems!

this is all true for the most part but, i do have a manual tranny and, when in 4LO and in 2nd gear engine braking down a steep grade, i do have a drone. not that it bothers me in the least but, it is there under those circumstances. i have not seen this occur on an auto.

GCM 2

this is all true for the most part but, i do have a manual tranny and, when in 4LO and in 2nd gear engine braking down a steep grade, i do have a drone. not that it bothers me in the least but, it is there under those circumstances. i have not seen this occur on an auto.

Ah yes....I forgot about that manual transmission of yours :blush:

Top Bottom