Krawler joint longevity

Showroom

I'm looking at replacing my stock jk arms with rock krawlers arms. I was wondering if anyone has experience with their joints. What kind of milage can I get out of them before rebuilding? I'd like to get at least a couple years out of them. Also as they start to wear do they start to get noisy and thump around when going over every little bump on the road?
I like the fact that RK arms are solid arms.
Or would something else with a Johnny joint be better.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking at replacing my stock jk arms with rock krawlers arms. I was wondering if anyone has experience with their joints. What kind of milage can I get out of them before rebuilding? I'd like to get at least a couple years out of them. Also as they start to wear do they start to get noisy and thump around when going over every little bump on the road?
I like the fact that RK arms are solid arms.
Or would something else with a Johnny joint be better.

Any arm with polyurethane joints will squeak unless you keep them greased on a regular basis. I have no experience with their spherical joints but on that end, I haven't heard too many people complain about them so I would imagine they are doing okay. Again, just keep them greased and you should be good to go.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Any arm with polyurethane joints will squeak unless you keep them greased on a regular basis. I have no experience with their spherical joints but on that end, I haven't heard too many people complain about them so I would imagine they are doing okay. Again, just keep them greased and you should be good to go.

Yup get a grease gun and keep them greased. I don't have one so if mine squeak I spray a little WD40 on them for now. lol

Briguy114

I have no experience with their joints, but I think I saw on youtube that the polyurethane joints are about $5/each to rebuild when they do wear out

Edit: Not the polyurethane joints but the spherical joints are about $5each to rebuild

Last edited:

BlackKnight

I have no experience with their joints, but I think I saw on youtube that the polyurethane joints are about $5/each to rebuild when they do wear out

that must be the truth, as we all know you can't tell lies on the internet. and Of course I'm a French model... :cheesy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom