Diff covers

wvjeepin

So I want to get some aftermarket diff covers, after researching those dang things are expensive. What are the ones y'all suggest?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They'll all do the job well. I personally like Dynatrac but have run ARB, Teraflex, solid and a few others.

jeeeep

Hooked
I called and spoke to them about the clearance issue and they confirmed that the original ones did have to be ground for the Rubi but these revised units should clear fine. Was also told to use the amount of fluid recommended in the manual - the higher fill plug is to allow for caster on various lifts

jeeeep

Hooked
good recommendation from another thread where I asked about Solid Diffs and good precaution to take the time to do:
"Use marking paint on the solenoid. Test fit the cover, if paint is on the inner of the cover grind down. Repeat until no paint transfer. "

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I've got a set of new Solids, D30 and D44, never installed. Purchased in January. PM me if interested. I will ship on buyers dime :rock:

wvjeepin

My covers came in! Gonna paint them yellow! Then put them on this weekend! Also big plans for the weekend for the jeep!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note that I've run SOLID covers in the past and one thing you need to be aware of is that the fins and large oval front design can get in the way of and aftermarket front track bar especially if you're running a drop bracket like what TF, FT or RC make. It is one of the reasons why I pulled mine off and replaced them with something else.

Tackerdown

Banned
Sweetness good to watch out for

That is, it seems every time I think I may have a cheaper way to build up Eddie slaps me with the reality check that its cheaper for a reason.lol .You would think I would just stop looking for cheaper stuff by now .:banghead:

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is, it seems every time I think I may have a cheaper way to build up Eddie slaps me with the reality check that its cheaper for a reason.lol .You would think I would just stop looking for cheaper stuff by now .:banghead:

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

:cheesy: My sincerest apologies :D

wvjeepin

Lol yea me too, but I already bought them and they are at my house, so when I up grade ill be better ones, but if I upgrade I'm getting better axles

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I have riddlers on mine (switching the rear to ARB on my new axle) and they seem like quality units. I like they fact that they have absolutely no edges to catch and are basically smooth. I love the fact that ARB has the dipstick, and I also like the fact that they include an extra drain plug, which allows for full drainage if you are not on level ground.

Top Bottom