Which would you pick? Nitto MG, TG, or Toyo MT's?

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
Lift is ordered and will be here next week. Looking to order some tires this weekend so I can get my rig lifted. I will be running 35" tires and will be ordering one of the three brands:

Nitto Trail Grapplers
Nitto Mud Grapplers
or
Toyo MT's

??

Which tires should I get?

Leaning towards the toyos.. reasons: they have been proven time and time again.

Lift is ordered and will be here next week. Looking to order some tires this weekend so I can get my rig lifted. I will be running 35" tires and will be ordering one of the three brands:

Nitto Trail Grapplers
Nitto Mud Grapplers
or
Toyo MT's

??

Which tires should I get?

Leaning towards the toyos.. reasons: they have been proven time and time again.

Make a decision already...:bleh:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Nittos. I've run BFG but the Nittos DO WORK SON. Never run the Toyos. The Nitto MG's are loud but kick ass on the rocks and the TG, have a soothing hum, and do well I any terrain I've come across.

Markymark420

It would seen that you need to analyze a few parameters before making your decision:

• Is this a daily driven vehicle?
  • What type of terrain will you encounter?
  • Is tire noise an issue?

As anyone here will tell you, all 3 are great tires. I also believe that Eddie has stated in the past that both Toyo and Nitto are manufactured in the same facility (in Georgia????).
Obviously, as far as tread wear is concerned, the TGs will outlive the two MTs. I would tend to think that out of the 2 MTs, the Toyo would provide better road handling (in dry and adverse weather).

Just my 2pennys

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
It would seen that you need to analyze a few parameters before making your decision:

As anyone here will tell you, all 3 are great tires. I also believe that Eddie has stated in the past that both Toyo and Nitto are manufactured in the same facility (in Georgia????).
Obviously, as far as tread wear is concerned, the TGs will outlive the two MTs. I would tend to think that out of the 2 MTs, the Toyo would provide better road handling (in dry and adverse weather).

Just my 2pennys

I have analyzed all of these parameters already... It is a daily driver and noise isn't a big issue with me, but still in the back of my mind.. From my understanding, the mud grapplers and trail grapplers wear at the same rate (taken from one of eddies previous post), so I would venture to say that all three wear at the same rate or the toyos might even wear at a slower rate.. I have heard they are great for a daily driver.

I am really just looking for some personal opinions from people who have run one or all of these tires.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Just my 2pennys

They are all MT's. The mud grapplers will wear faster then the the other two but they are all MT's.

I have analyzed all of these parameters already... It is a daily driver and noise isn't a big issue with me, but still in the back of my mind.. From my understanding, the mud grapplers and trail grapplers wear at the same rate (taken from one of eddies previous post), so I would venture to say that all three wear at the same rate or the toyos might even wear at a slower rate.. I have heard they are great for a daily driver.

I am really just looking for some personal opinions from people who have run one or all of these tires.

The mud grapplers will wear faster but not horrible. I have about 3500 on mine right now and they have gotten significantly louder and still will get louder. I don't think they are horrible but I have always had MT's on all my rigs so maybe I am used to it.

I got the mud's just because. If you don't need them maybe get the Toyo's or the Trail grapplers. They are all great tires though so good luck with your search. :thumb:

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
They are all MT's. The mud grapplers will wear faster then the the other two but they are all MT's.

The mud grapplers will wear faster but not horrible. I have about 3500 on mine right now and they have gotten significantly louder and still will get louder. I don't think they are horrible but I have always had MT's on all my rigs so maybe I am used to it.

I got the mud's just because. If you don't need them maybe get the Toyo's or the Trail grapplers. They are all great tires though so good luck with your search. :thumb:

Thanks Overlander! I'm leaning towards the toyos or nitto trail grapplers because I won't be on the trail as much as others (thanks to work)... that being said, the added performance of the mud grapplers probably wouldn't be nessacary.

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
Nittos. I've run BFG but the Nittos DO WORK SON. Never run the Toyos. The Nitto MG's are loud but kick ass on the rocks and the TG, have a soothing hum, and do well I any terrain I've come across.

Thanks for the input! My brother is running the Nitto's as well.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks Overlander! I'm leaning towards the toyos or nitto trail grapplers because I won't be on the trail as much as others (thanks to work)... that being said, the added performance of the mud grapplers probably wouldn't be nessacary.

They grip the highway really well for my 40 mile commute to work. :cheesy:

Atch

I have toyos and love them, but my next set (37's) I'm switching to trail grapplers basically because I can get them cheaper

Topper

Great tires I run both mud grapplers and Toyo's excellent tires but really brother it's all up to you.

JandSJK

I'm running the MG and love them. Yup they are noisy but damn they are a sexy grippy BA tire 1366424201654.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom