Squeal Issue

Skid_Kid

Ok so I have a 2013 JKUR. I have an Airraid cold air intake and Dynomax Evolution Competition System. I have a squeal at 1500 rpm and around 40-45 miles and hour. Yes this is strange to me. I have already had the water pump replaced cause they thought that was the problem the first time. But the squeal did not go away. Today I got told it could be the intake. But then they also said it could be my EVO 1/4 bumper and stinger....... Any thoughts or ideas?

JAGS

Hooked
How the hell could a bumper and stinger cause a squeal??? Is that the dealership telling you this?

Did it come immediately after install of air intake or exhaust. Maybe a bad seal/joint somewhere in the system?

I'm sure you've thought of both.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
If anything I bet it's the cold air intake they can cause a noise at certain speeds and conditions

Skid_Kid

If anything I bet it's the cold air intake they can cause a noise at certain speeds and conditions

I think that I might install the stock one for next week and see how it goes. Kinda weird how they replaced the water pump first though and it went away for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skid_Kid

Well then let's find which friggin one! With a few beers of course!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are you running the A/C? If so check the A/C compressor clutches. I have seen where they will cause a hideous squeal and then quite. Now is this a squeal or a chirp. Not trying to be funny but there is a big difference. A chirp will be more of a pulley and a squeal will be more towards a belt. Try using a bar of soap and hold it on the inside of the belt while it is running. It will make the belty slickery but not let it slip. My old man used to do this in the 70's when we worked on our vehicles. He would use Irish Spring said it was refreshing.

Good Luck,
Will

dchew

Caught the Bug
Could it be associated with the vacuum pump relocation, like tubing pinched or not fully seated?

Dave

Skid_Kid

Are you running the A/C? If so check the A/C compressor clutches. I have seen where they will cause a hideous squeal and then quite. Now is this a squeal or a chirp. Not trying to be funny but there is a big difference. A chirp will be more of a pulley and a squeal will be more towards a belt. Try using a bar of soap and hold it on the inside of the belt while it is running. It will make the belty slickery but not let it slip. My old man used to do this in the 70's when we worked on our vehicles. He would use Irish Spring said it was refreshing.

Good Luck,
Will

Nope this is the same with heat on or off and AC on or off.

Top Bottom